Logic crack vs legit

Discussion in 'Logic' started by sean, Oct 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Well I've dedicated myself to learning studio one again (was on it before ppl even knew what it was...) and converting back to it. I'll see how good or bad the plugin latency on the program is. I decided to switch because time is something we don't have enough of and I love how quick it is. Don't want to be going through menus and stuff (ex: drag and drop). It doesn't have a super popular brand behind it (Presonus), but it's a great product for sure. As far as the plugs I was using, I like to work with a plugin chain on the master and create and mix through it. In logic, using latency mode this was no problem. S1 gives me heavy pops when I have a chain on the master which killed my personal workflow. But that's ok, I decided to just do all that at the end after I'm done with producing. Also, by way of mention, i'm on Mac. No idea if the windows version is indeed better than the mac. But i've heard that being said before.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Can you mention wich plugins are causing you trouble?? Windows versions works fine, Mac versiong i just give up.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  3. Morph

Morph Newbie

Most of the rants here don't make any sense. For most of Apple users, OS X all alone is already worth the Apple computers price tag. So comparing with any other computer is just a non-sense. If you want to run Logic (cracked or legit), you already are a Mac users. So why try to discuss about that fact?

Anyway, and regarding the legit or crack? I had a cracked version and I bought a legit because I was using it. I have no problem to have some cracked software to test, but if I do use it most of the time, I do buy what I use. Nobody force me, but I do think it's the proper way to use software... regardless if the developper is a small one-man company or a multi-billions company.

Also, most of the DAW out there have an update price that could be even higher than a "full license" of Logic Pro X. So yeah, it's definitely cheap, mainly when we do consider that we get for that price (so many plugins, great plugin such Alchemy, the drums, the loops and such), that's a lot of content... not just an empty DAW. And Logic Pro is a very capable DAW, amongst the best ones such Cubase Pro, Live, Studio One, Protools, Reason, FL Studio, Sonar, DP, Reaper, etc...

Free to anyone to use whatever fit their needs, their habits and their preferences... But saying today that any of those top DAW are just "bad" is a pure non-sense. Don't blame the tools if you can't do anything good with...

So, if you're using Logic every time you make music, yeah, you should probably consider to buy a license.