Logic crack vs legit

Discussion in 'Logic' started by sean, Oct 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sean

sean Newbie

Hi guys,

was just wondering if anyone has gone from having a cracked version of logic and the legit version and if there is any reasons to the legit version

thanks

3. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

"any reasons" ?

Reason is, if you can support the people who make the product, do. and yes, apple fund logic and they are a multi billion business.
    and yes they can lose a few copies and it wouldn't make a dent in their profits. apple acknowledge this and that is why it's priced so cheaply.

years ago it used to cost over £500 and when space designer came out you could buy it as an add on for like £300.

but the point remains, if you use it A LOT and definitely if you make money from it and have the means to pay for it then do it.

it also encourages updates, they can see how many people actually use their product then etc...

i don't think logic really is a crack. considering they don't deal with serial numbers, i could be wrong there could be a lot more effort that goes into it than i know, but thats why theres no differences between the legit and the k copy. (not that a lot of software has differences between k and legit but some, sometimes have things that don't work properly)

4. retroboy

retroboy Producer

No....but I've gone from having a cracked version of Logic 9, hating it and then ending up with a legit Presonus Studio One! :)

I did have problems with my Logic crack but was never sure if it was the crack or just buggy.

5. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

It's not cheap at all.
    It's been migrated to the Apple Store license resulting in:
    1. previous buyers need to buy it twice
    2. as everything on the Apple Store, cannot be resold/transferred (if you don't use it anymore and buy StudioOne, you're fucked)

These two reasons, in addition to be forced to buy a mac to use the product, explain why the price appears smaller.

6. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

I actually had the same deal. I have legit logic x, and had a period where i was convinced that S1 3 was better. Then i realised that it does not have a low latency mode when the track gets heavy. I can't work without that. It's too crippling. How am i going to record additional vocals on songs? Bounce and start new project, export and import? Can't be bothered. I'll deal with logic's bugs.

A feature i love about S1 3 that i want in LX, is the ability to just select any audio region and transpose it in the left menu. God, could it be so hard to fix?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  7. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

I'm in the same boat as you. Spent ALL day in Studio one yesterday creating a template (in an attempt to switch) using some of my favorite plugs and once i finished I found out, studio one can't handle it. To give presonus credit, they do have automatic delay compensation, but my guess is it just sucks. With logic, hit the low latency button and you're good to keep on rocking. My issue with logic's low latency mode is that when I hit it and freeze tracks, the output on some channels become significantly loud or significantly lower and I basically have to adjust every plug on that channel again to get it to sound right again. Do you experience this same issue? Load one of your more heavy projects, hit low latency mode and freeze a couple tracks. Unclick low latency mode and watch the volume of some of your tracks jump up. So frustrating. Either way it's better than Studio One's cpu usage.

8. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

What plugins are you talking about?? Studio One and Cubase have the best PDC of all daws... S1 can really handle almost everything except spetracl eq with linear settings wich 80% of the daw can't handle with low latency settings anyway... if you are experiencing problems probably there is something wrong between the plugin and the daw. Also notice the MAC version and Windows version of Studio One are day and night, really i have both and i can't actually work in OSX there is always something that doesn't work good. On the other side Windows versions is almost perfect...

9. retroboy

retroboy Producer

The only time I seem to struggle with CPU in S1 is when I use LUSH 101. It's by far my favourite synth and I use it on everything but it's a proper CPU hog! Not sure if it's S1 or LUSH 101 which is the cause.

10. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

I don't know if it Studio one fault but i have a similar problem with Revelead Spire both Windows and OSX wich keep peaking one of the CPU cores... i think that in this case is the plugin fault since happen both in OSX-Logic and Windows-S1. When i had to deal with these kind of plugins the only way is freezing and/or bouncing... Studio One freezing feature is one of best, where are in the 2015 and some daws still don't have freeze function...

11. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

That's assuming users previously bought Logic, bought a Mac just for a DAW and nothing else.
    OP clearly hasn't bought a copy and doesn't sound like he was forced into buying a Mac... so I'd say it is cheap for the content/quality DAW you are getting.

12. xXyr0x

xXyr0x Newbie

There is no crack for logic. You don't need to crack logic. It's the exact same as if you were to buy off of the App Store. Someone buys it and then distributes it on Audioz or torrent sites, no cracking to be done, to my understanding. They are exactly the same.

13. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Yes you give your money to Apple say no more!!
    Its not like you have give them enough already overpriced computer (well free OS but that was just a matter of time before that would happen) that you cant change pieces on if you want to in the same way as on a pc..
    If you want to buy a new graphic card they cost 3 times what you pay for on a similar graphic card for a pc.
    The same with memory stick hard drive etc etc.
    Not to mention all the "we got an adapter for 50$ so you can use whatever gadget you want so you can use it with your precious mac"

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  14. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Same here, under Yosemite S1 v3 was totally buggy with Scratchpad & Automation. I have a project here which crashed all the time when opening the Automation lane. I recently updated to El Capitan, no crash so far with the same project.

But in general, OS X seams to be less stable when it comes to DAWs :/

15. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

more:
    * you can't upgrade you computer at all.
    * if a fan gets loud you have to run to the Apple Store
    * built in Batteries
    * burning Graphic cards, overheating
    * loud iMac 5k
    * you Mac is no longer supported by the new OS

If OS X and its Apps would run 100% stable, I would spend money for a new MAC.

16. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Yeah, I usually open it when i can't do some jobs in Logic. If just open do my job and quit it works ok but crashes and bugs are around the corner...

17. badman

badman Member

Safe rule is buy the daw legit and there's no worries.
    Plugins on the other hand lol.

18. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Strange... just added memory and SSD's to my Mac Pro at normal price :yes:

19. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

OFFTOPiC First rule of a Mac (same rule apply if you get a Porsche): make sure you can afford it. And by "afford" I mean getting used with any cable to cost € 49.99, any service to be done by authorized personnel, and expensive upgrades - and sometimes Apple's huge f**k-ups. If you are OK with that from the beginning, most of the rants (some of the rants here) make no sense for a Mac owner. I don't see myself upgrading my Mac anytime soon. In 2-3 years most likely I will change it with another brand new Mac. How many of you upgraded just the CPU on your non-Mac computers? None, because any new CPU generation comes with new socket which requires a new motherboard. Which may require new DDR. Which may require a bigger power source and so on... It's never really a local upgrade (aside from HDD to SSD). Bust most of the people like the idea of modularity and the idea of upgrade without actually making it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

try reaper... :wink:

21. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

I just upgrade the cpu from i3 550 to i7-4790k last week, I just had to add 50$ for the new mobo. So total upgrade cost 390$. I think the upgrade really worth every $. Old DDR was already good but i bought a new 8 gb kit anyway... But then ok, if you have money upgrading mac or change it isn't a real problem.

here is the benchmark for CPU calcuation power only*. Comparing my old cpu, my new cpu and the cpu from a new MAC PRO with Xeon E5 quad-core priced at apple store for $2,999.00 (USA price).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015