Logic 10.0.5 & NI Plugs

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Frubbs, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Frubbs

Frubbs Ultrasonic

Recently I upgraded Logic X from 10.0.3 to 10.0.5. When the sw rescanned all my plugins, the Audio Unit eval tool crashed on most of my Native Instruments plugins. Now this happens easily with a lot of plugins, and usually I find that isolating and rescanning the plugs one at a time clears up most occurances. But in this case it stubbornly crashes each time without fail, no matter how I approach it. I may not be completely up to date with every one of them, but they all worked well consistently under Logic 10.0.3. I have trashed the prefs for each of them, with no effect, but I'm open to suggestions re other approached. The version numbers of the plugins in question are as follows:

Absynth v 5.1.1
    FM8 v1.2.1
    Kontakt v5.3.0
    Maschine v 1.7.2
    Massive v1.3.1

My other NI plugins load without problem, again consistently:

Battery 4.2
    Guitar Rig 5.1
    Enhanced EQ 1.0

Still not sure about Reaktor (different issue - don't ask)

I'm grateful for any suggestions - I was hoping for theis update to make things more stable, not less. Anyone else finding odd behaviour with Logic 10.0.5? :dunno:

3. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Im in Logic 10.0.5 on OSX 10.8.5 and using Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate (all of the programs, legit though) with no issue. If your using Maschine 1.7.2 it must be the cracked version (as 1.8 is already out via service center). As for the other ones im not sure. Battery 4.2 must be purchased as i dont believe anything past Battery 4.0.1/2 has been released cracked.

What im saying is maybe this is an issue with the cracked plugs. But cant say 100% as im sure many other users have cracked NI plugs and logic 10.0.5 and have no issues.

Try updating to Logic 10.0.6 which was released a couple days ago or maybe a week ago. Maybe its just an version fluke for you.

4. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Im working with 10.0.6 no crashes all worx fine.

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Ultrasonic

Sorry, that was Battery v 4.0.2. Yes, they are all cracks, though I own them all (except for the EQ, I confess). I use the cracks to avoid all the Service Centre hassles, and for the occasional (!) cracked Kontakt lib. But its never caused problems in the past. I too am on OSX 10.8.5. I suspect some pref somewhere needs trashing and I just haven't found it yet.

I have also found that Logic has been flakey in other ways during this upgrade, though it may have mostly settled down now. I've had to restart the Mac quite a few times to restore awareness of ANY plugins, rescan more than the usual number of "failed" plugins, reset the prefs (the default prefs, which occasionally come up - are severely dumbed down to the point of removing most of the prefs and any mention of MIDI, Audio or any access to plugins. Jeez.)

I've heard a rumour that all this will be taken care of in 10.1 with a User toggle switch between "musician" and "soccer mom".

6. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Why are you still using 10.5 when 10.6 has been out over a month with several bug fixes??
    Also are you using any apps like Macpilot so on they delete youre important audio files some times be -careful if so you may need a re-install of your osx

7. Frubbs

Frubbs Ultrasonic

As far as I know the only changes between 10.0.5 and 10.0.6 relate to interface issues that are not relevant to my setup. The change notes on the Apple site are very specific:
    "Fixes an audio-input issue that caused the Record Enable button to be unavailable with some audio interfaces, including the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, M-Audio Plus, Blue Yeti USB mic, Alesis i02 Express, Avid Mbox, and Griffin iMic."

I would love to see a change note that says

"Fixes a bug that causes plugins to disappear, reappear, become unauthorized and fail verification, especially those from Native Instruments"

Now there's an update I would jump to install. :thumbsup: