Loading all & Old Kontakt Librarys in Kontakt 5.0.xxx

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Xearox, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Xearox

Xearox Noisemaker

Loading all & Old Kontakt Librarys in Kontakt 5.0.xxx

Most Persons have problems to load old Kontakt Libs in new Kontakt 5.x.x
    The Key for this is the "nkx" File in combination with the registry hack for Kontakt 4
    for all who dont know the reg hack i wrote it again incl. the "nkx" trick

its a very simple thing to load old Kontakt 1/2/3 Kontakt 4 or third party Libs in Kontakt 5
    (tested with Win-XP-SP3 and Win7-HP 32/64bit)

for all persons which entered many libs at their registry, jump this and make your "nkx" file like the instruction at the end
    and adjust it to your regfile

at first go to your registry (start/run regedit)

go to ...
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content"

make a new "string" & give it a name like "k2lib0123"

attention, dont use numbers higher than 1000 & dont forget the "0" befor 123 !!!
    right click at your new string and give it a name like "My New Kontakt Lib" (this is an example dummy)

now go to the upper key with your mouse "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments" and make a right click & enter a new KEY
    this KEY must have absolutely the same Name as your string content "My New Kontakt Lib"

Now enter this new key and make a new string with the name "ContentDir" (without the tick marks ;-)
    double-click on it and enter the path to your library like "D:\MY KONTAKT LIBS\My New Kontakt Lib\" dont forget the Backslash at the end ;-)

enter your key again and make a new "DWORD" value and give it the name "Visibility" again without tick mark
    double-click on it and assign it to 3

thats all

if you want a nice wallpaper for your lib in the Kontakt 5 library tab you can make a jpg file named "wallpaper.jpg" best size is 700x98px max 300kb
    and save it in your library folder - for example "D:\MY KONTAKT LIBS\My New Kontakt Lib\wallpaper.jpg"

Now the "nkx" trick for Kontakt 5
    get an editor like Notepad++ or anything else
    Make a new file and type this (or copy and paste & fit it for you ;-)

<ProductHints>
    <Product>
    <Name>My New Kontakt Lib</Name>
    <Company>Native Instruments GmbH</Company>
    <AuthSystem>RAS2</AuthSystem>
    <SNPID>123</SNPID>
    <Icon>kontakt</Icon>
    <RegKey>My New Kontakt Lib</RegKey>
    </Product>
    </ProductHints>

Kontakt 5 only needs to know the path of your lib, the the registry entry & the number of your lib (in this example 123 "without the "0" from "k2lib0123"
    Now save this file as "My New Kontakt Lib_info.nkx" in your library folder - same loacation as your wallpaper.jpg
    the "nkx" must have the same name as your lib, in this example "My New Kontakt Lib"
    if your lib name is "my best bad drums" the "nkx" file has to save as "my best bad drums_info.nkx"

After saving your "nkx" open your Kontakt 5 and you can see your new library in your Kontakt library tab
    After first load of your lib Kontakt 5 generates a file in your lib folder called "My New Kontakt Lib_info.nkc"

have phun
    & sorry for my ordinary englisch

Attached Files:

3. learner

learner Newbie

Thanks man ! but can somebody rephrase his explanation and does it work for mac ?

4. learner

learner Newbie

Does it work for mac ?

5. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Does Mac OS have a registry?

Think first, than post.

6. Xearox

Xearox Noisemaker

I think it works for MAC
    I have no MAC but the K4 Lib Trick seems to work with MACs and the "nkx" files are the same
    just edit and try it.

My explanation is that many Kontakt5 users have a prob to load older library`s in the K5 lib tab
    i had the same prob and searched for days the net for a "simple" answer to solve this prob

addition to "Gulliver"
    thanks for the info, i have no mac ;-)

7. Xearox

Xearox Noisemaker

A Member called "Cryptonite" makes a post with an similar trick but he uses the "nicnt" file and this seems to work for MAC

Cryptonite Trick

8. lukie

lukie Newbie

@ Xearox

Yes I find that is the best way to add the Library's. this way you know where everything is going, plus remember to batch re-save after you have added the Library's this is so they open faster next time you open them

Batch re-save don't just save them as is it will double size of the Library so 30G's turn into 60G's :wink:

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i convert them made out of 24GB 15GB (VSL Opus 1 &2) with batch compress!