Live Set Hardware

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Jay Soaring, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Jay Soaring

Jay Soaring Noisemaker

Good day dear Forum-Users and Audiophiles,

I am considering to buy a shitload of equip very soon.
    Now I wonder if I can accomplish the following setup:

- A&H Xone DB4
    - NI Maschine
    - A&H 2x xone K2
    - Launchpad for launching clips and maybe a second one for sequencing a 303 emulation (M4L)
    - iPad with Lemur

later more midi equip for more detailed control over sends and returns and FX-Parameters on the return channels and on single sounds... filtering etc.

All that hooked up with Ableton where I play my stuff back and modify it.

I was thinking about splitting up the set:

1st Channel on the DB4

Drums coming from the Maschine incl. Percussive sounds
    I would split that up in eight separate sounds (BD, SN, CL, HHC, HHO, Ride, Perc 1, Perc 2)
    I want to use my nano-control (korg) for volume fades (faders) and basic Modulation like decay-times or filters (knobs)

2nd Channel

Bass(es) out of Ableton. maybe later from an analog synth that gets the midi information from Ableton or something like that. But for the beginning I would use the K2s for modulation.

the 303 sounds would go through that channel as well and I would use one separate layer of the K2 for modulating the 303 emu. (its ABL 2 btw.)

3rd Channel

Melodic sounds, Chords

they come from Ableton as well and I would control filters and some sends or sidechains, one shot sends and stuff like that via the K2

4th Channel

Pads, EFX and special stuff

again from Ableton. the K2s for controlling different parameters.

The iPad is responsible on finetuning the return- FX-Racks and sending separate sounds. As long as I have no second launchpad, I will also use it as the sequencer to mess with the 303 or other synths.

Another very important question ist: Can I route the Master of the DB4 out to Ableton and record it there?

I know that its a quite complex setup that i have in my mind but I don't want to be limited in any way or switch between several layers of controllers (the 303 idea is an exception because I love it to jam with the sequencer and the 303 ;) )
    Also I think that I will grow with the setup.

Help or thoughts on that is very appreciated!

Jay

3. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I dunno. Just try the set up and send back/exchange whatever your not feeling. :break: