Live Input latency Issue

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by DeepStar, Sep 4, 2014.

1. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

Hi guys

I'm busy with a tune at the moment and I'm busy recording live guitar. Unfortunately there's some latency on the input in real time. So when my mate strums, FL delays the input annoyingly. We have a work around for it (second out to separate speaker) and after recording I just have to nudge the audio clip forward a bit to get it in time. I'm not really clued up on the plugin delay compensation that FL has. We've tested a clean project in FL and no Latency issues (obviously, so have eliminated my audio interface as a possible cause) Is there any way to get the input channel on the mixer to ignore latency and just play/record with 0 latency? Specs of what I'm running are below. Thanks for the help!

Win 8.1 x64
    FL 11.1 x64
    Komplete Audio 6 (Buffer: 128 samples + USB buffer: 1ms = 7.3ms latency)

3. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

I would recommend turning off any vsti's you have running in the mixing chain once you are happy with them before recording, and just record dry signal, then when you are happy with the take, turn the vsti's back on. This will reduce pdc delay. There might also be a button on your audio interface called direct monitor which can also improve latency timings, but you will probably never reach 0ms

4. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

Yes, there is a direct monitor feature. I'll definitely try that, thanks. As long as the latency drops below 20ms I think we should be fine.

5. angie

angie Producer

If your system detects 7.3 ms of latency you should not be able to perceive any delay. 128 is pretty low.. Are you sure that your project has no look ahead limiter or compressor or other plugs that induce latency?