Live 9 + Ozone 5(on Master) and have tight automation?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by google, Jan 1, 2014.

1. google

google Newbie

Live 9 + Ozone 5(on Master) and have tight automation?

Is it possible to run live 9 with Ozone on the master and still have automation that doesn't goes to shit. Because of Lives poor PDC implementation

I used to use Cubase and run ozone on the master channel

Will adding an ozone 5 on the master push all my automation out of sync. if I add or remove ozone FX will the automation go out of sync?

Will Ozone Delay Compensation help - should it be on or off?

Also is this true of Lives PDC

Full article here
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5371237

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Whether PDC is on or off in O5, it will still delay the audio irregardless, it will just not report the PDC value to the DAW. There's also a freeze button to freze the value of the reported PDC. In these cases, you're supposed to manually correct the PDC in your DAW. If you can't do this, maybe something like Voxengo Latency Delay could do the trick (that reports some latency, and you can do further corrections) or not.

Alternatively, iZ Alloy 2 has a 0-latency mode. While it's not a complete replacement for O5, it might be useful (or not) in this case.

4. google

google Newbie

Thanks

Yeah I could sit alloy on the master to get a general idea of what the processed sound might be like.

Fx chains in live add the buffer size to the automation delay. So 4xfx on the master will delay 4x256 or whatever the buffer is. At least a alloy will only cause one lot of delay to the automation too.

Bitwig Soon ;)