Live 9 Cracks & Pops on High Performance Powerplan

Discussion in 'Live' started by Kohornis, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Kohornis

Kohornis Noisemaker

Hey guys,

as the title says, I get little cracks & pops when playing something in ableton, though it only occurs when the power plan is set to "High Performance". This behaviour is really weired and I was wondering if anyone stepped over this and maybe has a solution.

I use Windows 10 on an Asus Laptop and a Native Instruments Audio A2. The right drivers for the soundcard are installed. Also messing with the latency settings doesn't change anything. It seems that it has nothing to do with the buffer settings as far as I can tell.

I also just listen to music with the soundcard on or play games and there is no such cracks and pops.

CPU load also has nothing to do with that, It occurs even with only 10% and testing in Ableton with the test tone, raising it will not make it worse.

Any help is much appreciated :)

3. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Yes,the noises you describe are typically a problem of latency.
    Increase your latency or decrease your sample rate in your " preference " tab.
    How is your sample rate??

Or just uncheck "high performance"!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016