Live 9.7.3 and Windows High-DPI (4K) Monitors

Discussion in 'Live' started by Beatle, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Beatle

Beatle Ultrasonic

When Live loads, Windows asks if it is High DPI aware and the 9.7.3 Live answer “yes”. Which is why you end up with an interface for ants. You can set Live display to 200% but VST's etc. still have an interface for ants.
    Dan Antonielli at http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/
    has a solution, originally for Photoshop, but it works just as well for live.

It's a quite elegant solution.

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I did the DPI scaling for a lot of SW for my Surface Pro 4. You'll need only a little registry hack and a .manifest file for every software you want to upscale. Not that complicated. It works (quite) well on my Surface.
    BUT

First of it's just upscaling the Plugins picture by a factor. Then it's not your eyes or your glasses that have a problem. Things just seem to be washed out. And it will be quite horrible on a 4K display.

Second, it doesn't work for all plugins or standalone softwares. At least not those that make use of QT4/5 libs as these libs bring their own .manifest files (e.g. "WavesQtLibs_4.7.3_x64_Release.manifest").
    When I try to use my own .manifest on these plugins, they will crash with an error. This was the case with some of the WAVES instruments and some other software (I don't remember now (dementia senilis?) ;) ).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017