Live 8 Suite Mojave

Discussion in 'Live' started by globalgrooves, Jan 15, 2023.

1. globalgrooves

globalgrooves Newbie

Hi Guys=)

I cant get Live 8 to authorize on mojave...

Its a legit copy and i have the generated auz file for my machine...
    (it works fine in demo mode, but they crippled the authorization in mojave for v8)

is there any way I can "ahem" persuade live 8 to accept the auz file?
    -by any means necessary, naturally ;)

Thanks for your wisdom.

greetz to all oldscoolers)

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I am reading the old comments about 8.2.7 release. Are you sure you even want to do this? You know both 10 and 11 will install cleanly on Mojave. This old iND release does not look like something you want to get involved with, unless you have a very real reason to do it. Someone else (an Ableton user) can comment about the reverse compatibility aspects of your v8 projects being able to get opened in 10 or 11.

4. globalgrooves

globalgrooves Newbie

Hey bud:)

thx for your input)

yeah, im sure..;)
    (I have live 9 and 11 too btw)

but 8 was the last version with a proper auditioner… (before they fucked it up… to push… push.. lol)
    V8 was gonna be used as a rewired jammer on the side…

dont wanna use a shoddy crack … (havent been in the scene for a while and iND doesnt ring a bell in my book, so im not gonna go there if that is the only way…)

i was thinking of something more elegant… like a commandline in terminal patch, or info on how to hack it to accept my auz file or something…
    (Since the authorizer is not working properly in v8 - but - i know of a few softwares that had their authorizer broken in catalina , thus making it unusable (and not supported anymore) but you can go around that authorizer and just manually place an authorization file somewhere and the software works flawlessly again… )
    - just how live 8 works flawlessly in mojave- but- not their authorizer… lol…

figured if anybody has experience doing that, they would be here;)

the only thing i can think of now(which is not how i want to go) is to install an older mac version, authorize live8 and upgrade macos again.. but that would cause too much hassle and stress…

Thanks for any pointers, anybody;)

Have a nice day everybuddy:)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Lots of things got "broken" at Catalina, but none of that applies to Mojave. These "magic versions" are usually self-created rabbit holes.
    good luck.