Live 8 & 9

Discussion in 'Live' started by caspertheunholyghost, Mar 25, 2013.

1. caspertheunholyghost

caspertheunholyghost Newbie

Has anyone else had any of their live songs change its name to "Ableton Agreement"? I actually bought Live 8 Suite and ever since I D/L Live 9 weird things have been happening in my purchased live 8. Timing goes off and other small things but I was wondering if anyone else was having this type of problems? I have not really used Live 9 yet because half of my plug ins do not show up in 9 but they are there in 8 and that might be cuz I used the 64bit but IDK? If anyone else is having trouble please let me know because it should noty happen to my purchased program????? :dunno:

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

i had a few problems with vst plugins - scanned step by step thru my whole vst folder - copying vsts around to find the troublemaker.
    im still able to open my old v8.4 x32 version in parallel to v9.0.1 (x32/x64). noticed no problems with Library and vsts.
    cant say anything about v8 x64.
    maybe invest a day or 2 and try some things.
    you are on windows?

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Sounds like u installed the 64 bit version... in which ur 32bit plugs arent going to show.

5. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

You can always use J bridge to enable 32bit plugin functionality in 64bit DAWs. I heard mix reviews about bridging plugins, but you have to try it out before you can believe anything on the web. I also think that going 64bit is gonna be a standard real soon, so might as well get use to not having some plugins for a little while. Plus I'm pretty sure the plugins you can't pickup on Live 9 will catch that 64bit boat soon. :bow:

6. vst mama

vst mama Member

*yes*

7. caspertheunholyghost

caspertheunholyghost Newbie

Thank you to everyone with a quick reply!! I am on a Mac and the main thing I was worried about was the name of my song being changed to "Ableton Agreement" and the folder name was also changed to the same name and also the drums I recorded would vary in time for this song and I didnt change anything. I tried to see if the recording got messed up but the snares still were showing a little before the second and forth beat but they were playing like they were in all sorts of different spots. I didnt really start to notice things being messed up until the name of my song was changed to what I wrote previously. I was not really worried so much about version 9 cuz I am savin up to buy and I was worried that they somehow figured out I had 9 and were messing with my shit? I know that is thinking very extreme but you never know these days lol. Hopefully somoen will have an idea why this is doing what it is doiung and many thanks in advance!!!!