Live 11 shortcut issue

Discussion in 'Live' started by Nofolobricity, Nov 4, 2021.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

2. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

I've already tried to turn off all tray software and to leave only Live. The problem was the same. I don't know what should I disable to check this thing again

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Yes, it works, but it is not stable, or rather it does not do what it is supposed to do.

4. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

It is also possible that the command was removed? I mean when i press ctrl + 5, nothing happens for me.
    while ctrl+3 still works.

6. thomas78

thomas78 Kapellmeister

(thank you for participating) sometimes it works, other times not. the menu entry is there, the manual describes the shortcut. and elsewhere (thank you nofo!) its reported that they write about the matter in the ableton forum.
    thats the problem :wink:
    and while working on a project, where ctrl-5 doesnt work? thats no solution, imho.

7. thomas78

thomas78 Kapellmeister

i use an old honest intel processor too :)

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It was just about answering the topic starter's question.

Why old, that runs and runs and runs, you know at all whether the CPU will ever break.
    You already have a Porsche in your garage, why should you buy an expensive Ferrari?

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Like i wrote Ableton may has removed the command, what says the manual about it?

I for my part havnt used this command ever.

10. thomas78

thomas78 Kapellmeister

p. 110 - 6.9 Using the Editing Grid
    Use [CTRL][5](PC) / [CMD][5](Mac) to toggle fixed and adaptive grid modes.

if they removed that shortcut, it would never work? but sometimes it does, sometimes not.

11. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Hi! Did you find something new about this problem?

12. thomas78

thomas78 Kapellmeister

hi, in short no :)
    you had asked at the gearspace forum, the all important answer (for me) was "there's a few mentions of this in the beta forums with users complaining that the adaptive mode isn't there anymore by default or that it doesn't remember the switching"
    doesnt remember switching is spot on. and other users complain about too. im sure, it is a bug in live, and we have to wait for ableton to provide a fix. btw, i have not used that shortcut before... the adaptive grid isnt my cup of tea. fixed grid, ctrl-1 & 2, thats enough for me. for anything else i use the menu :rofl:
    i hope you make your buying decision not dependent on a pretty little non-functioning esoteric shortcut? :bleh:
    for the missing plugin manager, theres a way around. shortly spoken, you make a live-specific vst folder, filled with shortcuts to the actual plugin dlls. and live may only scan that new folder. its a way to organize your plugins in custom folders, and disable some if you wish. is it useful for your purpose? then lets talk about the details.
    ah, the cpu meter... ableton had spoiled the cpu meter in live 11. my advice, rightclick onto the percentage, average & no current display, and disable the overload indicator.
    what else doesnt fit for you on live? honestly, some things are a little bit unwieldly, at the first impression.

13. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

I think that the guy from gearspace forum is right. IMHO.
    I'm used to clicking ctrl+1/2 in fixed grid as well. Not a bad thing actually! I'm still trying to learn the details of the Live. And I like it more and more. I've been tested Sonar (Cakewalk), Studio One, Fl Studio, Cubase. Some of them I' bought and used for a long time. But Ableton Live has something special. Idk what is actually it but it makes me feel good when I write music.
    Thank for your interest about my previous lines. I've actualy defeat the 'lack-of-vst-manager-desease'. The cure was Live Enhancement Suite. Google it. This thing is free and it allowed me to organize my VSTs too easy.
    I have AIDA on my tray bar (lower-right corner) and it shows me the actual CPU load. So I don't focus on CPU load inside the Live at all :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. thomas78

thomas78 Kapellmeister

once a time i had seen it, and scince then i have forgotten LES. thank you for remembering me, it looks very useful!