Live 11.1.0. Corpus is broken

Discussion in 'Live' started by Nofolobricity, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Hi!

I have Corpus audio effect that is broken. Dry/wet rather doesn't work than does. Native presets work without any logic explanation from time to time. It also often just doesn't let the sound run through. Actually any plugin tweaking, loading, disabling/enabling chaotically gives me unpredictable workflow.

Any thoughts? May be the only way is to wait another fixinging of future versions?

Ableton Live 11.1.0. Win 11 21H2 x64

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Interesting. Corpus shows the "AAS" logo so the code may come from Applied Acoustics Systems, not Ableton?

Maybe they want to sell their Chromaphone 3 plugin instead :winker:

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

User pottering says:

Corpus/Objeq Delay are underrated, people think they are just "crazy FX", but they can be used as instruments very similar to Chromaphone, but with more flexible "exciters" (Chromaphone's term for the sound source that gets sent into the resonators).
    Chromaphone's Noise exciter is basically a noise oscillator with a simple ADSR envelope, Mallet exciter is pretty much just a short sine pluck/click.

#Reply 3
    https://gearspace.com/board/music-computers/1339718-ableton-corpus-vs-aas-objeq-delay.html

6. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

@Nofolobricity, same Ableton, but on Win10. I tried it and I think it works as supposed - tweaking dry/wet and the rest of parameters, changing presets etc. I am not a Corpus connoisseur so maybe I should look at something specific :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Ableton Live 11.1.0 Corpus is broken
    I have Corpus audio effect that is broken. Dry/wet rather doesn't work than does. Native presets work without any logic explanation from time to time. It also often just doesn't let the sound run through. Actually any plugin tweaking, loading, disabling/enabling chaotically gives me unpredictable workflow.

Any thoughts? May be the only way is to wait another fixinging of future versions?

Ableton Live 11.1.0. Win 11 21H2 x64

www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81258
    www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8356759

Please contact Ableton Support (https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) if you haven't done already.

8. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

I think it's my own issue. Seems like no one else has this problem. Thank you guys

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

I doubt that, there was in a few Abeton Live versions, that BeatRepeat was broken and nobody noticed (well i wanted to use it, but was to lazy to report it). I can check here with my Ableton version and i will also get the new ableton beta 11.1.5b1 and report back if corpus works there.

EDIT: 11.1.5b1 Corpus works, the dry/wet knob blends between dry and wet signal.

Now let me test 11.1, Seems to work for me. Dry/Wet works and all the stuff.

Also on windows, but not so up to date 10 version.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. spncart

spncart Producer

Would you mind sending me the 11.1.5b1 Mac version by PM? :)

11. mino45

mino45 Kapellmeister

I filed a bug with ableton.. there was no sound after each clip. it does work for me if you turn it off and on before every new clip as a workaround

12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

The mac beta is free to download, when you sign up for beta testing.
    You need a Suite license to authorize it, it wont work with a standard license of less.

13. spncart

spncart Producer

Yeah I downloaded the official release today from sister site, pretty sweet!

After using it for 3 hours I can say it's the most stable version of Ableton ever, many improvements as listed for the past 6 months they worked hard to fix everything and bring more features.

That said still CPU hungry, I guess I need to upgrade from M1 to a 8'000 USD maxed out M2 128GB of RAM with the highest CPU ever. Ableton really is more CPU consuming than any other program I have even heavy ones like video editing coding etc., even though I'm using M1 only native plugins, smth lol