Live 10 is here!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Helvetica, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Helvetica

Helvetica Producer

I'd like to purchase a full copy of Ableton Live 10 Standard, it seems to be pretty neat, "Full features plus extras" ..

Any thoughts?

2. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I'd suggest you see my post on page 2 of this thread.

Maybe try going to KVR and buying a used copy of Suite in a couple weeks when people start selling them. Honestly I think Standard is kind of a shitty deal.

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

It drives me nuts that they called that effect "drum buss". It's just wrong. A bus is a bus. And now I have to look at it all the time like that. ARGLWRKSFTZLF%&§$&%"$

4. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

I've upgraded mine in june 2014. ;)

5. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

Response #1
    I loaded each of the Ableton Live 9 themes in ten. They all work. Some are pleasing, and some are not. But, you can adjust the brightness and colors to match your style. Good enough for me.
    Response #2
    Agreed. Hopefully, soon.

Smart man. I imagine I'll want a Push 2 soon after I get the hang of it. I tested out my Maschine Studio with the Live template, and I was very pleased! I start most in Maschine, so I may get a Jam if this gear bug gets loud enough and I don't want to drop too much (for the Push). I could probably even be okay with getting a little LaunchPad. And, while I personally don't click with Logic, it's a great device. You gave him the right advice. But, I'm happy with my purchase. I'm finally researching your praise for Ableton by digging my hands in the dirt, and so far so good.

Also, in reference to comping, have you come across this helpful tip?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Jam has basically stolen all of the ideas the Push was based on, so for half the price of Push 2, it's probably pretty decent. I saw a commercial that made it look pretty good.

The functionality on the Push 2 is ridiculous, but a lot of the stuff it can do, it's quicker to just do it with a mouse. Where it really shines is stuff that's annoying to do by mouse like mixing, routing, tweaking certain native devices (the ones that have graphics on the Push 2 LED like EQ8, Autofilter, Sampler/Simpler are really nice) zooming in on samples and selecting the start and end points, etc etc.

The drum sequencer is just so fucking nice though. Between that and drum rack Ableton/Push 2 has the best drum programming workflow anywhere IMO.

I just came across this http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=497201

you can probably find stuff like this all over if you look, although I'd feel funny about ordering something as expensive as push second hand from anywhere other than KVR or Gearslutz. I've never had a problem with those places. To me ebay feels like one step above craigslist. Edit: reverb.com is another one that's not half bad, though usually people there charge more than KVR or GS. I got my first Push from a guy on Reverb.com

7. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

Sound advice. Since I'm so Maschine heavy, I'll likely go with the Jam. If I find my fling with Ableton form into a marriage, I'll review the option. It's a bit of an investment, and it isn't a need at the moment. Plus, I upgraded my KK S61 to the MK2. My wallet can wait~ Thanks for the links. I'm not saying that guy is a scammer on KVR, but he just joined in Dec. 2017. And, each of his 20 posts is about selling music gear. Hahaha, I'll pass on his.

8. Someware

Someware Ultrasonic

I found the DrumSynths, they are Max for live instruments, just started playing with them. To find them click Max for Live tab on the left browser, then go to Max Instruments, all the DrumSynths are labeled with DS prefix, such as "DS Kick"

I hoep that helps and have fun :)