Little Snitch & Plugins Calling

Discussion in 'Software' started by turbo, Feb 6, 2017.

1. turbo

turbo Ultrasonic

Hi guys. How can i block that? I'm trying with Breverb 2 but i can block, just apps working. Is it possible with them?

3. timer

timer Producer

Probably you're not a native English speaker (like myself), so it's not easy to understand fully what your post is about.
    It may help to use more words to explain what your question is about. Until then I'll try to understand what you mean:

"Little Snitch" tells you that Breverb wants to phone home.
    You would like to block that behavior, but you don't know how to do that? Right?

Is that what you wanted or did I misread?

4. timer

timer Producer

Now I get it:
    You want to block a single plugin but Little Snitch only allows you to block apps.

Solution:
    First block all the hosts (Logic, Live, Reaper, whatever) that are using that plugin. If other plugins need internet access for some reason: make exception rules allowing traffic only to the servers they call.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Ede Eves

Ede Eves Newbie

Thanks, issue here however is for me - I have Pro Tools 12 legit, it needs to communicate with the internet but I just want to block Insight 2 - which doesnt have a standalone app version of itself, maybe its not necessary to block a plugin like Insight 2?

However then I had a thought that Little Snitch can block processes aswell as applications, and perhaps the plugins that are not standalone can be treated as processes and therefore blocked (outgoing). I am trialling this now - fingers crossed as I cant stop Insight2 from popping up as invalid using my usual method (hexwars .bundle extract) yet.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020