List of VSTi's emulating specific hardware synths

Discussion in 'Software' started by Exidus, Feb 18, 2017.

?

Should this thread be 'Sticky'?

Poll closed Feb 26, 2017.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    89.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. I dont care about this thread

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. ElecTribe

ElecTribe Ultrasonic

No time to read through all of this thread, but in case nobody's mentioned it: Very nice Access Virus emulation: https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/
    There was a thread on this forum about it, but I can't seem to find it now.
    It's really good.. i mean REALLY good.. but processor heavy. And you need the original ROMS, but they're not hard to come by if you search a bit.

2. jl303

jl303 Member

Any update?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. BlackWinny

BlackWinny Platinum Record

All the text and the links are ready. I just have some cosmetic adjustments do add (the compatible OS's for example), because it will be a quite long post.
    :wink:

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

2022-12-03_101426.jpg

Sonic Charge - Cyclone - Vintage Sampler Emulator Plugin (Windows / Mac) 5.47MB

Cyclone - Vintage Sampler Emulator by Sonic Charge is a Virtual Instrument Audio Plugin for macOS and Windows.
    It functions as a VST Plugin, an Audio Units Plugin and a VST 3 Plugin.

Cyclone is a clone of a machine that runs Typhoon: a complete TX16W software emulator in VST and Audio Unit formats.

Cyclone is a true low-level hardware emulator. It simulates all the important circuits of the Yamaha TX16W, including the main 68000 CPU, the proprietary Yamaha DSP circuits, the 12-bit sample memory and the 400kHz non-linear DACs. Cyclone not only looks like a real TX16W, it sounds like a real TX16W and it runs the exact same software as a real TX16W.

That last sentence is worth elaborating on. Sonic Charge have not merely created a new virtual instrument with a vintage sound, neither is Cyclone an updated version of Typhoon. Cyclone features a full 68000 emulator that runs the exact same version of Typhoon that was released 14 years ago.

This implies that using Cyclone will require a bit more effort than your average modern virtual instrument. But this can also be a very rewarding experience. Regard Cyclone as a time travel portal to an era from the past. The era of the monster dinosaur samplers.

Cyclone FAQ: What is Cyclone? - How does it work? - Where do I find sounds? - How do I load sounds? - more.... https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/431-cyclone-faq

Free Download:
    https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/433-a-blast-from-the-past
    https://soniccharge.com/download?~cyclone

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  5. JEPasCP1

JEPasCP1 Member

TyrelleN6? cause it is emulated based on Juno 60 too

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. BlackWinny

Despite the widespread rumor, Tyrell N6 (otherwise very good synth) is not an emulation of Juno.

2 oscillators, noise, ring modulator, 2 LFOs with 8 waveforms, 2 envelopes, the filters taken from the first version of Diva after having been simplified, etc. No, it is not a Juno emulation. And even Urs himself has always said that it is not a Juno emulation. And it doesn't emulate any JX-P nor any Jupiter either. It is able to sound similar to many Roland sounds (among other brands), but it doesn't emulate any of them and was even not aimed at that.
    :no:

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

JVR Synthesizers - Jv3P Synth VSTi - GUI.jpg

JVR Synthesizers - Jv3P Synth VSTi ( Emulation of the Roland JX-3P) Windows 32 Bit - Free

Vst Plugin Jv3P (Roland JX-3P Synthesizer)

The Jv3P is an emulation of the Roland JX-3P Synthesizer. It was developed using a hardware JX-3P Synthesizer and available specifications in order to match all routing, depth, tuning, and value ranges as closely as possible. The presets are all closely as possible to the orginal of the Roland JX-3P Synthesizer.

This Vst Jv3P is free for Download and use it at your own risk. The download package is included the Vst Plugin and also Standalone application. Plaese give your Email by Downloading. When there is a Update you will recieved an email.

Specification :

DCO1:
    - - Waveform: Sine, Narrow-Pulse and Pulse-Saw.
    - - Range: 16', 8', 4'.
    - - Modulation: LFO or ENV (Positive or Negative).
    DCO2:
    - - Waveform: Sine, Narrow-Pulse, Pulse-Saw, Noise.
    - - Range: 16', 8', 4'.
    - - Tune (transpose) ? 12 semitones.
    - - Fine Tune ? .65 semitones.
    - - Modulation: LFO or ENV (Positive or Negative).
    - - Cross MOD: None, Sync and Metal (sync+ringmod).
    Source Mix.
    HPF Filter.
    VCF:
    - - Low-pass Filter.
    - - Cutoff Freq.
    - - Resonance.
    - - Envelope intensity.
    - - Pitch Follow.
    - - LFO MOD Amount.
    - - ADSR Envelope (Positive or Negative).
    VCA:
    - - Main Level.
    - - ADSR Envelope or Gate.
    - - Chorus
    LFO:
    - - Waveform: Sine, Pulse-Saw and Random (combination).
    - - Frequency.
    - - Delay Time.
    - - Destinations: DCO1, DCO2, VCF.

Presets :

A01 String I
    A02 String II
    A03 Organ I
    A04 Organ II
    A05 Organ III
    A06 Brass I
    A07 Brass II
    A08 Electric Piano I
    A09 Electric Piano II
    A10 Clav
    A11 Harpsichord
    A12 Vibraphone
    A13 Chime
    A14 Celesta
    A15 Accordion
    A16 Voice
    B01 Violin
    B02 Flute
    B03 Oboe
    B04 Song Whistle
    B05 Synth Brass I
    B06 Synth Brass II
    B07 Dist Guitar
    B08 Juicy Funk
    B09 Filter Flow
    B10 Fat Fifth
    B11 Sync Wah
    B12 Sync Sweep
    B13 Funky Clav
    B14 Pulsar
    B15 Planet
    B16 Jet

Info / Download: www.josvanras.com/synthesizer/index.html

8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

@BlackWinny As far as I know Tyrell N6 (the name is an hommage to Blade Runner) was developed before Diva (in 2010). It's a reaction to a readership survey at german audio news site amazona.de about what features an ideal (hardware) synth should have.

So the filters can not come from Diva since that was released in 2011. It's more likely that the filters developed for Tyrell N6 found their way into Diva (and probably were refined).

Urs himself made the reference to the Juno:

"Nebenher ist zusätzlich das Konzept „Diva“ entstanden, das ebenfalls wie der Tyrell auf der Grundstruktur vom Juno 60 aufsetzt."

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. BlackWinny

Firstly I remember long discussions with Urs where he said that no, it is not a Juno emulation. It was INSPIRED by Roland synths as the Juno during the first developments, that's all, but many synths today are inspired by Roland synths as the Juno, and even way more than Tyrell N6, in the release as well as during the first developments.

Secondly, currently on Tyrell N6 page you can textually read this :

"Based on a design similar to Roland’s classic Juno 60, a few modules and novel features could be added without making the product too expensive."

A "design similar to"

It doesn't at all mean "an emulation of".

Many VST synths have been based on a design similar to Roland's classic Juno (which simply means "a very simple design") but are not Juno emulations, even if you can make them sound similar. In very long KVR discussions (I remember half a dozen discussions for a total of hundreds of pages about Tyrell N6) on that years he recalled again and again that Tyrell N6 was INSPIRED by Juno as well as many other VSTs but NOT really an emulation of the Juno. And the presence of 2 oscillators, noise, ring modulator, 2 LFOs with 8 waveforms, 2 envelopes, a filter taken from the first developments of Diva, etc. made Tyrell N6 take a long distance from the Junos since all these features are NOT in the Junos. It has always been forumers who pretend that Tyrell N6 is a Juno emulation. And if Urs had made a true and accurate Juno emulation he would not have made it free, simple as that. It is too frequent that the people confuse the terms "emulates" and the term "in inspired by". It is not at all the same term.

You'll have to search in the tons and tons of KVR discussions, I'm not going to make that now, 13 years later.

And about the filter, in the features you can also, textually again, read this :

- Twin filter related to Diva (early model)

Honestly, how can someone pretend that Tyrell N6 is a Juno emulation when it's so easy to see all the features (2 oscillators, noise, ring modulator, 2 LFOs with 8 waveforms, 2 envelopes, a different filter, etc.) which are way distant from the Juno models... One or two small differences and additions, ok, why not... but so many differences and additions ??? Did you ever see a Juno with 2 oscillators ? with a ring modulation ? with 2 LFOs and with so many waveforms in the LFOs ? Did you ever see a Juno with 2 envelopes ? And do you remember how the Juno oscillator provided its two waveforms (a sawtooth output plus a square output simultaneously) and how the Tyrell N6 oscillators provide their waveforms ? They are built in a totally different way !

Do you see the huge differences between this VCO section
    [​IMG]
    and the VCO section of a Juno ?

Do you see the differences between this VCF section
    [​IMG]
    and the VCF section of a Juno ?

And did you ever see a 12/24/36 db (yes! Even 36!) switch on a Juno filter ?
    And did you ever see also a band-pass filter on a Juno ?

Do you see the differences between this EG section
    [​IMG]
    and the EG section of a Juno ?

Do you see the differences between this LFO section
    [​IMG]
    and the LFO section of a Juno ?

Did you ever see a Juno provide these wave shapes on its LFO ? :
    • "sine, triangle, saw-up, saw-down, sqr hi-lo, sqr lo-hi, rand hold, rand glide"

All these primordial sections (Modulations, VCO, VCF, EG, LFOs) are totally different from those on the Juno models !

Even the modulations go way further than on the Juno ! Did you ever see the huge modulation matrix menu on the Tyrell ?

Did you even open the Ring Mode menu of Tyrell N6 ? Tell me where you have such feature on a Juno... Impossible since there is only ONE oscillator !

Did you ever compare all these sections above with those on the Juno models ? Here they are :
    Juno-6
    Juno-60
    Juno-106

What I talk about is not the design of the front panel... what I talk about is all the innumerable features which are on the Tyrell and definitively absent on the Juno models ! Not a few "additions" here and there... but definitely a totally different synth !

And everybody knows that when Urs makes an emulation of a hardware synth he doesn't hesitate to clearly mention the name of the emulated synth in the PDF help file. Where do you see the term "Juno" in Tyrell's PDF file ? Nowhere !
    Tyrell N6 user guide

In fact, if you really want Tyrell N6 to be a kind of Roland emulation, it is much closer to a Jupiter than to a Juno. But it doesn't emulate either any Jupiter.

Don't confuse the term "emulates" with the term "is inspired by". It's not at all the same thing, friend.
    :dont:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

@BlackWinny First of all, I never said, that the Tyrell N 6 WAS A JUNO emulation! I just said, that Urs is the one who refered to the Juno 6 in Terms of design principle of the Tyrell and Diva. That's all. That's where the confusion originates from.

So there's no need to trying to "educate" me about emulation vs. inspiration – i am well aware of the difference! If you try to teach someone, teach your kids – don't try to play teacher in front of me:dont:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. jl303

jl303 Member

Where are you posting it?

12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  13. itsybitsy_

itsybitsy_ Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

15. elwrongo

elwrongo Newbie

Vavra is still in Alpha isn't it?

16. elwrongo

elwrongo Newbie

This is a very good idea

17. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

antto - Venom VB-303 Beta (x0xb0x Clone) VST x86 WiN [FREE]

Venom VB-303 Beta is a VST x0xb0x clone which runs on the code from the x0xb0x firmware.

It has 2 Oscillators, 3 different Filters (LP 18, LP 24, LP 36) and other exclusive goodies which was removed in the 1.0 version.

It looks completely different than 1.0 version, has different functionality and different sound!

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD:
    https://rapidgator.net/file/c8c5c1f1494b97e4c122b9710d97a1bf/Venom_VB-303_Beta.rar.html

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  18. Xplicit

Xplicit Newbie

Link is not working

19. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

Ok. Fixed :wink:

20. Terrordisco

Terrordisco Member

oops

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023