List of LEGITIMATE Plugins that works with bootleg DAW !?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zoom Zoom Zoom, May 29, 2016.

1. Zoom Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom Zoom Ultrasonic

There are a few sales this month I want to take advantage of and pay for the Plugins...but don't yet have the money for a full 400 dollar DAW.
    What legitimate un-cracked plugins you know works with cracked DAWs? with out the need of iLock and the likes.
    I'm interested in Buying these:
    SERUM
    SPIRE
    Sonic Academy Kick 2

3. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

perhaps you can simply buy the cheapest version of the daw you like, bundled lite versions are usually the best value

besides that, serum will work

4. Zoom Zoom Zoom

Thanks! I saw Steve during an interview, he has no copy protection on his synth....I'm keeping an eye out for a sale.
    As it is ..I'm using Studio One full version...and wanted to know if I can buy some of these plugin without the need for them to only be cracked.

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

6. Zoom Zoom Zoom

Sorry..yes on all 3 ? on my OP.

7. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Yes - A cracked DAW is a Cracked DAW
    A Legit program has no effect on the DAW - they work fine (in my 20 years experience) What DAW are you talking about tho? (as I don't have experience on EVERY DAW, but never came across a problem with any I have tried)

8. Zoom Zoom Zoom

Studio One.
    I'm aware that some plugins require iLock etc.... But I'm willing to start buying the ones that I don't need a legit copy of a DAW...YET...I'm making may way there :)
    Kick and SERUM will be My first ever VST purchased in my life...I will save up for Studio One...just not ready yet.

I'm from the world of Propellerhead REASON over (9 years)...all My plugins there are purchased , I'm testing the VST world for once.

Like I stated it might be useful if there where a sort of list of plugs that don't need iLock etc...
    So then let me ask another question. Do LIGIT plugins that require only a serial number good to work on a crack S1?

9. Anonymous363

Anonymous363 Noisemaker

Well ..every legit plugin work fine with s1 cracked..
    But i would buy a legit copy of studio one instead of legit copies of various third party vsts..because serum,spire and kick are more than 400 euros ( with this amount of money you could buy a copy of s1, and you will have support,license and free updates )

10. Zoom Zoom Zoom

Do you mean every serial only plugins? or even the ones that are iLock protected will work with a crack S1?

11. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

Best Answer
    The DAW being cracked or not has no bearing on whether or not VSTs will work, as long as it's a proper crack (S1 is done by R2R, whose releases are almost always perfectly functional). If the DAW loads vsts, it will work with both legit and properly cracked plugins. Serial/C&R/iLok/whatever doesn't really matter as long as the plugin is properly implemented by the developer, and if it isn't that still has nothing to do with the DAW being cracked. I use Ableton Live 9 Suite cracked and have had no problems with my legit plugins.

The only exception I know of is Pro Tools AAX plugins, in which case you can't load cracked AAX in legit Pro Tools - but that's because they are tightly vetted and controlled by Avid.

No need to worry about such things with VST plugins/hosts.

12. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Well you could always do it slightly differently.

Reaper 60$
    Serum 170$
    Spire 139$
    Kick 2 60$
    Total 429$

All your vsts and a great daw for just a few dollars more than studio one on its own. :wink:

13. Zoom Zoom Zoom

I clearly understand ..thanks !!!

14. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

If those are your real prices, please clue me in on where you're getting your stuff. Serum was $190 for me, Kick 2 was $72. Spire appears to be on sale right now for $140 but is usually $180 AFAIK, but I thought REAPER was $70 now (also don't own that one so Im not sure)

15. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

@Cav Emp

Reaper is indeed 60 $, bought it a few weeks ago,

in fact you can try it without any limitation for as long as you want, you'll only have to wait 5 sec and click on a button to get rid of the popup each time you launch it, though you are supposed to buy a licence after 60 days of using it, but anyway it will still work.

About Spire it seems there is/was (depending on where you live) a sale 25% off till the 31rst May

16. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Serum is $170 from jrrshop, shows as $189 but you get a discount on the shopping cart page.
    Kick 2 shows as $60 on their website.
    Spire appears to have gone back up to $189 again.
    Reaper is still $60 and bloody good value for the money as well :)

Best places for price are usually jrrshop and audiodeluxe, you need to have an account at audiodeluxe to see their best price though.