List of all VSTs Rob Swire (of Knife Party and Pendulum) uses, from the man himself

Discussion in 'Software' started by phenomboy, Mar 29, 2014.

1. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

3. Blister

Blister Newbie

Sonnox yes, but not the Reverb? Knufinke Sir 2, what??? Sylenth 1?
    I'm not impressed. :bleh:

But whatever works best for him is fine by me :wink:

4. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

No Massive (at all), this is really surprising.

I get better the "NO MODERN TALKING" on his teasers.

5. Levitate

Levitate Producer

At first I thought the same thing,then I seen Komplete 9 on the list so it's in there.This is really interesting,I wish more artists did these,it's really interesting to see their plugin arsenals.He likes his fx for sure,not much of a surprise there,interesting to see a lot of the old school or not so heavily used synths in the list,couple of the more newer ones like Gladiator and stuff sprinkled in. Surprised that chipsounds is really the only 8-bit one in there(well bitspeak too),but I'd imagine he's pretty nasty with fx.When I first looked at this I was like huh? Must say I expected to see some different names on there,but I think it kinda goes to show it's how you work it.I'd imagine he has some real interesting methods,and combinations of synths & fx. It's always cool to see stuff like this. :thumbsup:

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

He's got loads of money .. but he should join Audiosex and acquire some taste :mates:

7. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

oh man i'm old. i've never heard of rob swire, knife party or pendulum. :wow:

8. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

Who? Ha ha, sorry, I'm with realitybytez.... I've never heard of this Rob Swire dude in my whole life.

Although his biog is kind of impressive, name checking Rhianna and Taio Cruz. Dunno any of that Knife Party or Pendulum stuff though.

Lots of his plugs are way old, which is kind of interesting... I suppose. :wow:

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's a pretty decent list. He's got good taste. I assume he only listed his commercial plugins. I use more than 500 freeware plugins that I carry on the stick, plus some of these, but commercial ones are usually hard to install and register and that bugs me the most with the commecial ones and the sound quality is at least the same. It's much easier to find decent sounding FX than decent sounding freeware instruments, though, but there are some and I use them, of course. To tell the truth I could make music with ShortCircuit alone... :) but I couldn't live without many of these little freeware, magware, donationware and "cheapware" FX.

10. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Would be good if Tiƫsto or Armin van Buuren made a list like this *yes*

11. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

He sings "ghost and stuff"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ArUgxtlJs&feature=kp

Knife party doesn't really use much "modern talk" as kill the noise. I believe that they don't use massive. Even though centipede has some amazing effects that kind of make me feel they come from massive.

12. geraldthegenius

geraldthegenius Noisemaker

Love this dude. The man is a synthesis master! He had to use massive back in the Knife Party days. There is no other way to make some of the bass patches he uses without massive or atleast Nexus 2.2.1(especially since they came out with the No Mod EP right around the time FX dropped 2.2.1) but Nexus isn't even on the list so idk.

I'm surprised Harmor is not on the list.