List 3 things to improve in my music

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Mr. X, Aug 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mr. X

Mr. X Kapellmeister

Hi guys,

I know that my music ain't that good because of the low amount of streams, I need help to learn where my weaknesses are so.. as the title says: Please listen to a couple of tracks and find 3 things in your opinion, that I need to improve so my music draws more listeners on Spotify, thanks.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

OK, that's the first thing wrong right there. You think your music isn't good because others don't listen to it. STOP thinking that way. If YOU don't think it sounds good, then that's whats real. If you like it, and it feels good, and it sounds good to you, then it's good music.

The only thing I noticed is that it feels like you haven't nailed a "style" down that stays consistent. BTW, are these all just music samples? They sound incomplete. I listened to a few, and I think they sound ok. If there was one reason I would never listen to your music, it's becuase I didnt know it existed. Thanks to the Internet, we are all bombarded and flooded with so much music, it's hard to hear it all lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

they are really good compositions ,and i did listen to them all actually from start to finish
    some tracks has that drama tunes which i like /nostromo has that good atmospheric sci fi theme

there are few tracks gave me hint that might be intros to something bigger you are producing but i could be wrong

maybe game theme vibe like castevania ? but with updated tunes ?
    the influence surely has game/movie / TV series themes theme all over it

im not sure about those 3 things to improve your tracks
    personally i think they sounded ''well mastered ''

great job there @Mr. X

5. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

it sounds "intrusive" not "pleasant",
    first thing come in mind...
    (or let´s say to much intrusive)

6. Imprint

Imprint Noisemaker

I enjoyed them a lot. Keep up the good work.:wink:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  7. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

thats not how it works, your music has low streams because the market is saturated so you have to put money into spotify promotion and network with playlist curators

8. I wouldn't say you need to do anything different. You appear to have created music for a film, but you have no film. You're not exactly writing pop songs, so you need to find your market. Look for student film makers and offer to do the soundtracks and audio design.

9. Mr. X

Mr. X Kapellmeister

Thank you for your responses guys, it gave me new perspectives. Some even confirmed my suspicions as well. Appreciate it.
    • Some mentioned that it sounds like game/film music, you're spot on. Those are often my inspiration and what I'd like to work with.
    • Others mentions that the market is saturated and of course, theres probably hundreds of millions guys out there doing the same thing we do.
    • Also the fact that I don't get stuck with a specific style could be a negative thing. My listeners don't know what to expect because I'm all over the place with different styles, I'm guessing.. :)
    Oh, @Nana Banana - the full tracks can be found on Spotify. The playlist up there in my first post only plays previews.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020