Liquidsonics Stop Working In FL Studio

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doctor_Me, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

Hey guys, hope you're fine

Just tried out the Lustrous Plates and the Illusion released by R2R today and I just love them, specially the Lustrous Plates, that thing make Lexicon plate sound cheap, and that was my weapon of choice most of the time when it comes to reverb till now.

The problem is, after a while both seem to stop making any sound and just get back to work when you open the GUI again, and sometimes it stops immediately after you close the GUI.

I'm runnin it on FL Studio 20 Win 10

Might try the 7th Heaven and Verberate as well, but I think they will have the same behaviour.

Do you guys are facing this issue as well? Have someone found out a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Must be either a unique FL Studio problem or, unique to your system. I suspect FL Studio.
    All of the luiqidSonics releases are working 100% in Bitwig 3.3.1, Pro tools 12.5 & Reaper 6.19.

Ableton, Cubase, Studio One, Fl Studio and until recently, Bitwig were always hit & miss with plugin loading and/or operation.

If you are not a married to Fl Studio, give the latest Bitwig a spin. Personally surprised by the improvements & quality of the included effects. Currently testing in mix mode (scenes & clips turned off). Also be aware of 'Default stretch mode' under behavior in settings.

4. Doctor_Me

Unfortunately I'm a "married to FL Studio" user, really know how to use it super intuitively, so I don't intend to move on to another DAW, even if FL bugs me out sometimes when it comes to some 3rd party plugins.

And yeah, probably it's a bug from FL Studio, but maybe some setting change can make it work as expected, maybe someone have found a way to make it work. Really want to try it out on actual projects, let's see...

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions bro :mates:

5. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

No problem. Happy tracking!

6. thatruth

thatruth Newbie

Yes...The same thing happened to me in Studio One.

7. Doctor_Me

Oh, that's bad, and somehow interesting, I was pretty shure it was something FL Studio related causing the issue. If I manage to find a workaround I'll let you know.

8. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Yes. My friend just told me this too. Same OS and same FL version as yours too.
    Well done for posting. Maybe we'll see a fix imminently.
    Btw, this word in this context:
    is becoming far too common now, when the word is 'especially'.

9. Ballz

Ballz Producer

There are random volume spikes when using Seventh Heaven in Ableton. Specifically using the Marble Room

10. adsaxxx

adsaxxx Ultrasonic

yes, happened to me on studio one too while using Lustrous PLates. didnt have a problem with the Illusion or cinematic one but maybe i didnt play around with it enough.

11. thatruth

thatruth Newbie

Ok cool...Thanks!!

12. thatruth

thatruth Newbie

Yea....I was using Lustrous Plates too when it happened. I thought it was just me till I saw this post.

13. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

Some problem with Lustrous Plates too with FL 20.8 (build 2115), the plugin load and don't crash the daw, but there is no sound coming out (or coming in, as the input meter on the plugin doesn't move).
    All other Lustrous reverb seems to work, but I didn't test them that much yet, just quick set up with a good preset when adding it to my plugin database

14. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Can confirm the issue in Studio One x64 with Lustrous Plates VST3. Closing the GUI can kill the channel output signal in the DAW until the GUI is reopened. Only happens with this plugin and the others have no problems so far. My first guess was it's just a first release v1.0.0 bug on LiquidSonics end.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. adsaxxx

adsaxxx Ultrasonic

Hopefully , there will be a bugfix ?. I just tried it in reaper out of curiosity and it worked fine. no audio drops with lustrous plates (atleast not yet). For me it is happening only in Studio one x64 so far. did anyone try the seventh heaven ? any problems there ?

16. cliquid

cliquid Member

Haha can you get any cheaper than "Free"?

17. Doctor_Me

Exaclty, the exact same problem I'm facing, but I think I got the same issue with Illusion too... that's a shame cause I really loved Lustrous Plates, hope someone can get a fix or workaround soon.

18. Doctor_Me

I'm not sure if you are serious, but man, Lustrous Plates are really threedimensional and fits really well in the mix, and even have built in equalizer... Don't get me wrong, Lexicon has really good reverbs, that's what I was using till now, but I would exchange it for Lustrous Plates without thinking twice...

And, if you are going to go legit on them you gotta need Ilok anyway, so in my opinion it's a no brainer, I don't think one can go wrong with liquidsonics

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

Yes, have same problems with Lustrous Plates and Illusion. Not big deal for me anyway

20. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

No probs with Seventh Heaven in Studio One x64. Reverberate, Cinematic, Illusion.. all good in Studio One.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. Doctor_Me

Yeah, tested out the other ones today, seens like the problem occurs only with Lustrous Plates and Illusion (Illusion got an even stranger behaviour, it stops the sound and suddenly it got back from nowhere while Lustrous plates dies completely unless you open it's interface again).
    The only one I haven't tried was Cinematic Rooms, but might give a try just for fun, even if the name suggests it's more for scoring, whatIi'm not into.

BTW, Reverberate don't impress me much, sound is ok (not amazing) but the interface looks too complex, I prefer cleaner and intuitive interfaces. But Seventh Heaven is gorgeous, fit's in the mix quite easily and has everything you gotta need in only one reverb (rooms, plates, chambers, etc..), need some time playing with it to see which spaces you like or not but it's worth it, and the best part, works flawlessly even on FL Studio (lol), gotta sticky with it, but I really hope someone get a fix for Lustrous Plates. Both Lustrous Plates and Seventh Heaven and I'm done searching for other reverbs totally, these are the best i've tried so far.