Liquid Drum and Bass

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by N0Trace, Aug 18, 2015.

1. N0Trace

N0Trace Member

a few short beats in sequence. i cannot decide what to complete. so many nice samples. is at least one of it worth or is it all BS in your opinion?

https://instaud.io/auF

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

they all sound absolutely great, and very downtempo like as well as dnb like.

You basically have a set of incomplete tracks that are worth taking the time to complete, they all sound consistent enough to be able to make an album or an LP out of.

Keep at it man :)

4. nickveldrin

nickveldrin Member

Can you post what instruments, effects, etc you used? I am looking into what it would take to make good liquid dnb, and you really nailed it! Excellent grooves and rolling beats.

5. N0Trace

N0Trace Member

thanks @both!

@nickveldrin

DAW = Ableton. actually it's a mix of all, 3rd party vst synth for pad- and bass sounds and of course samples. i really like it to draw the beats and other samples from old funk/soul records, or even from film- and game componists, because it simply sounds more organic in my opinion, especially when it comes to this kind of genre. the rarer and unknown the sample sources, the better. the old fashioned way, like the hip hop producers in the past. the only difference, i don't need to walk into a record shop but dig the internet for soundtracks and such stuff :). youtube is also a nice source, at least for the pre-listening.

anyways....i think i will do this fcking track. i like it. could be from the first 2 minutes or so: https://instaud.io/ayh

6. dondada

dondada Rock Star

not easy to recomend one of them without a bassline (exept4 of course)
    i like 2, 4 and 5,
    2 is my cup of tea ;)

7. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Now't wrong there. A proper thwap to the beats exactly as needed. Just need to get your bass on and finish some stuff

8. nickveldrin

nickveldrin Member

Awesome, N0Trace!

I appreciate the info. I am still trying to get back into production/composition after a 15+ year hiatus, so i've got a ways to go before i would even know how to cut up and sample stuff. I do recall seeing a Pointe Blank (i think?) video, where the instructor went to a record shop, got some old records, and used the Ableton Push to create a whole track using samples he pulled from all of the records. I'll have to re-watch that after i learn a little more on Ableton.

I'm really looking forward to exploring the new world of electronic music that's in front of me.

9. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Not even remotely my genre, so I don't know how to judge it in that context. But all the same, it's not a genre I listen to and I like it - so that's gotta mean something good :)

Nice work man