Line 6 Pod HD Pro - any patches anywhere???

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Bunford, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I just picked up the Line 6 Pod HE Pro Desktop (the bean). It's mainly to sit in my lounge and to have as something to jam into through headphones as I can;t crank up lound amps etc in my property.

However, I'm finding it painfully difficult to find any decent and/or recent patches to download for it. Anyone got any suggestions?

And yes, I know before anyone says it, I can programme in my own patches etc but would just like some decent ones as at least a starting point as I wanna be playing guitar and not fiddling with the bean....so to speak :rofl:

3. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

4. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Are you gonna have it hooked up to a computer?
    If so turn built in cab off and run the preset true a decent IR it will make it sound much better.

5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yeah. Doesn't look like much on there though for the Pod HD.

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yeah, I plan on doing this when hooking up to a PC. Also been considering buying the Mooer Radar micro pedal too so I can load some decent cab IRs into it when using through my tiny practice amp.

7. Guitarmaniac64

I had lots of HD presets when i had my Pod HD bean.
    I shall look tomorrow if they still on a HD somewhere.
    Its mostly 80,s metal or hardrock presets or presets trying to nail certein guitarist like Vai Satch Petrucci etc etc

8. sevente

sevente Kapellmeister

Here is a bunch of stuff I collected for the POD HD bean. Some of it is for other units (e.g. the HDx00 floor units and POD HD X ones) that I think can be tweaked for the bean. Haven't tried all of them out - usually found creating my own sounds from scratch yielded more satisfaction as it always seemed like the downloaded patches weren't optimised for my guitar.
    From memory the folders with fewer files are of a higher quality.
    Hope this helps!

9. Guitarmaniac64

I had a conversion tool to make them work for whatever HD unit you got..

10. Guitarmaniac64

Bunford check PM i gave a link to my presets

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Lou Ulfark

Lou Ulfark Kapellmeister

Hi Every one, 2 questions :
    1/ did anyone try Glenn Delaune's patches for a POD HD500X ? they seem a little bit expensive :unsure:, but if they are good ... Why not? :dunno:

2/ I would like to make sounds that would be close to a Fender Rhodes keyboard or a Hammond B3 but I can't find any presets and I don't know how to do or where to start ... Any ideas?

12. Lou Ulfark

Lou Ulfark Kapellmeister

To answer your question, by searching on Google you will be able to find the patches of these artists using the POD (They're all FREE !) and that I tested after many researches on Internet :winker:
    * Jake Cloudchair
    * Chris Martins
    * Dominik Hardy

13. Guitarmaniac64

1 For Helix they sound crap and he didnt even do a research of what gear the guitarist use i.e for AC/DC sound he had a Bogner amp and effects like delay and wah oh and non of the s.c artist presets where even close he is a snake oil man..
    2: Pod HD is a guitar and bass multiffect unit very few (if any?) guitarists or bassists search those sounds

14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Hey, Mr. Bun Ford...I don't believe that loading a decent cab IR into something like the Radar pedal will make your tiny practice amp speaker into a great sounding 12" Celestion Vintage 30. I personally use a Vox AC4TV with a 10" speaker (scored it in new condition for 100 bucks:wink:). It gets down to 1/4 watt and if I want a bigger sound run out of the AC4TV into the larger 12" Greenback in my AC15. A tiny speaker is a tiny speaker is a tiny speaker. I only use IRs when going silent into the Helix installed as a .dll. YMMV.

[​IMG]

15. Lou Ulfark

Lou Ulfark Kapellmeister

and it's a shame ! :snuffy: Because this type of material can create an infinity of sounds really incredible. As Antti Loponen uses for example (I forgot it in my list of presets creators).
    Listen to this :wink:

16. electriclash

electriclash Guest

HAHA! That Ampeg made me lol :rofl:

17. electriclash

electriclash Guest

@OP = for couch noodling I went yamaha thr10x

[​IMG]

does a bang up job on metal/hi-gain tones. Programmable via computer as well and has headphone out :like::like: CON: no footswitch accepted

18. Guitarmaniac64

Yeah ambient tones is popular and there is a few of those available i guess
    But i never heard any convincing tone mimic a rhodes piano or a hammond organ i know of a few organ tones that can be find for Helix (Dont know if someone did any for the HD series) but they dont sound authentic

19. Guitarmaniac64

yeah but he shall practice the IR is only there to get the Pod sound better as the built in cab simulation sounds crap

20. Lou Ulfark

Lou Ulfark Kapellmeister

Unfortunately true ! :( But maybe nobody has really looked at the problem? :guru: I try a few times, but I don't really know where to start (amp or effect, EQ? ...) and my attempts have never been successful. Someone might have an idea ? Or an idea start ? :)

21. Guitarmaniac64

I think the problem lies in the built in synth in Pod HD & Helix (Helix has all the effects that is on the Pod) i just fiddle around with those for awhile it simply cant reproduce the sounds needed for an authentic organ/electric piano sound.