Limiter№7 rumours? Tokyo Dawn Labs and vladgsound again?

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mild pump milk, Nov 18, 2015.

1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

We know (everybody knows?) that there are free plugins "Molot" compressor and "Limiter№6" by vladgsound (aka Vladislav Goncharov, who works as well with Tokyo Dawn Labs (Proximity, TDR VoS SlickEQ with Variety of Sound, TDR Kotelnikov, TDR Nova (brand-new re-released Vlad's Nova-67P), TDR Ultrasonic Filter), only discontinued and free "TDR Feedback Compressor" I / II were made without Vladislav Goncharov, but you can find this compressor brilliant-sounding and professional for mixing tasks as well as mastering). TDR Nova, TDR Kotelnikov, TDR VoS SlickEQ go for professional mixing/mastering tasks, and they are in 2 versions: free Standard Edition and Gentleman's Edition which is extended. Proximity is for creative and mixing stuff, free as well. TDR Ultrasonic Filter is for ultrasound filtering to decrease aliasing and to make the sound much cleaner and a bit warmer.
    So, LimiterNo6 is famous by its cleanest aggressiveness, high loudness, flexibility and high-quality, and it is free. It combines compression, limiting/maximizing, clipping. A lot of features...Vlad's stuff can be downloaded from his site https://vladgsound.wordpress.com, as well as there are a lot excellent articles, videos and many more things.
    But I found this:

vladgsound2015/09/23 at 00:10
    [...] LimiterNo7 is expected in the next year. I slowly porting LimiterNo6 to Tokyo Dawn Labs framework but it’s some kind of background process for me…

in comments you can see it by yo'self
    https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2015/09/20/some-news/#more-1351

from gearslutz:
    The Limiter6 reissue under Tokyo Dawn Labs label is planned in the 1st half of this year (including aax support).
    The functionality is 99% the same. Just higher quality resamplers, higher oversampling modes and some small additions.

20 April 2016: ...we’re preparing reissue of Limiter6 (with AAX support, variable modules order and few new features). Stay tuned!

12-13 May 2016: TDR SlickEQ-M (Mastering Edition) has been released!

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-slickeq-m/

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. mild pump milk

THREAD UPDATE:

quotation from gearslutz

vladg:
    The Limiter6 reissue under Tokyo Dawn Labs label is planned in the 1st half of this year (including aax support).

The functionality is 99% the same. Just higher quality resamplers, higher oversampling modes and some small additions.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  4. mild pump milk

some more info from vladg's page (about limiterN6 reissue and SlickEQ Mastering Edition + some extra mixing videos):

I had a lot of fun reading this: http://www.chrisgala.org/

With articles like these:
    Mix Trick #1: Singer/Songwriter Acoustic Guitar

Mix Trick #2: Exciting Drum Room
    Mix Trick #3: Bonham Drum Sound
    Mix Trick #4: Snare Ghost Echo
    Mix Trick #5: Vocal Double Clarity

and so on. Check it out!

PS. Also SlickEQ M (mastering edition) plugin is almost ready. And also we’re preparing reissue of Limiter6 (with AAX support, variable modules order and few new features). Stay tuned!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  5. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

Both will be superb, Vlad, Fabien and Herbert (I'm presuming Herbert is involved with SlickEQ M edition) are first class gentlemen and as good as it gets with regards to mastering the black arts of DSP

Great news, Cheers for the head's up to you all as well as best regards

Dean

6. mild pump milk

TDR SlickEQ-M (Mastering Edition) has been released by Tokyo Dawn Labs (without Variety Of Sound).
    http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-slickeq-m/

Here is a post on AudioSex dedicated to this plugin.

7. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

8. mild pump milk

No news about LimterN6 reissue, but soon will be update for Nova/SlickEQ/Kotelnikov plugins

FabienTDR (posted 12.06.2016): The forthcoming maintenance update will add advanced matching features to both SlickEQ M and SlickEQ GE (including matching with a user defined reference curve). The image shows how both products match the same signal.

[​IMG]

The Kotelnikov and Nova families will also see some improvements such as custom "snapmap" support. Kotelnikov GE in particular will feature a new INERTIA timing mode. More soon! [...] we're messing with the last quality control and documentation todos and will release the update as soon all lights are green. I can't give you a realistic release date now, but be assured that we generally don't announce announcements.
    ..It's really just a matter of days..

Among these new headline features and improvements there will be some other unmentioned changes, fixes, imprvmnts.
    Possibly, Limiter is still in working progress, quality control, testing period...

9. Limiter °6 already kills it, °7 will be over the top. I wonder if it too will be free, shareware or at a price point that belays it's evident worth? Any way I look at it, this stuff defines WOW.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2017
  10. mild pump milk

FabienTDR, vladg say it is closer to the new Limiter N6 release and TDR SlickEQ M update. Then all other products will get maintenance update. As well as TDR "super kotelnikov" (without official name yet) is still in "work in progress" status.

Can't wait, guys! Too long and a lot of promises since the mid/end of 2015. They promised new limiter to be released in the earliest 2016, but it is 2017 February now... Waaaait..

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  11. mild pump milk

Second post today in this thread is about new Limiter No6 details, what is under the hood.
    By FabienTDR, several hours ago:

I can't post screenshots, as we're still fine tuning the appearance.

It's a full rework of Vlad's limiter 6, the core concept is essentially the same but we both reworked the UI and routing (free module order, M/S and dry wet per module), as well as the DSP. We also added a whole new module housing a full featured peak and EBU compliant loudness meter.

You can move and hide individual modules, and the UI size will adapt (within limits).

All modules have been modernized. We added various details, the HF limiter for example got a new relative mode (threshold free). Plus much more of course. Certain modules have a continuously variable full-band to split-band control.

All the anti aliasing trickery known from our other products is there, too. And equal loudness workflows + delta monitoring of course.

12. mynet

mynet Member

Cool! Can you post the link to that thread? Thanks!

13. mild pump milk

14. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I love the Chris Gala articles - his sensibilities are right up my alley. Curious, skeptical, and at all times anti-dogma . . . art before perfection. Oddly though, I'm getting 404's with all of your specific Mix Trick links . . . :(

15. mild pump milk

FabienTDR:
    We started beta testing the new TDR limiter 6 GE. We'll release Jan Ohlhorst's (@karumba) DeEdger before, though.

16. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

and...
    i'm hyped :D