Lim Kim - unique ethnic/experimental crowfunded music

Discussion in 'Conversations About Good Music' started by GabsIT, Oct 10, 2021.

1. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Hi,

I just discovered this artist and I wanted to share with you all. It's so refreshing to listen something different and is quite interesting the background.

Lim Kim (born Kim Ye-rim; Korean: 김예림; Hanja: 金藝琳 on January 21, 1994) is a South Korean singer and a member of the band Togeworl with Do Dae-yoon. She competed in the Superstar K3 singing competition as a member of Togeworl, placing third. In 2013 Kim debuted as a solo singer, and is known for the song "All Right." She left MYSTIC Entertainment after her contract ended in 2016

After an over-three-year hiatus, Lim Kim released "SAL-KI", her first published song as a rapper, on May 24, 2019. Her new EP GENERASIAN was released independently on October 15, 2019. Generasian won the award for Best Dance & Electronic Album and "SAL-KI" won Best Dance & Electronic Song at the 2020 Korean Music Awards.

Some interesting songs.
    Mong - Generasian 2019
    The vocals are amazing, different, while reminded me the style of some Yoko Kanno - Moon or Ghost in the Shell songs as cyber bird or making of a cyborg, that mix between ancient styles and modern or futuristic EDM also a mention to Wednesday Campanella - Bamboo Princess and Grimes 4æm (Cyberpunk 2077)

Lim Kim - 민족요(ENTRANCE)(with Salon De Cassé, 전주 판소리 합창단)

Lim Kim - YO-SOUL(with 무희)

Lim Kim: From K-Pop Idol to Artist Breaking Stereotypes
    An interesting interview, not just about breaking from kpop, but empowering women, recovering cultural heritage and breaking stereotypes that "Asian are weak and quiet and that they don't openly express their opinion"

This is sort of Ethnic Hip Hop? anyway not so different to many of the Korean artist exploring Hip Hop

This was also interesting to watch as I had similar reactions, probably you too:
    Classical Musicians React: Lim Kim 'Minjokyo (Entrance) vs Mong'

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. reto

reto Platinum Record

The only Lil Kim i know

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List