Library Problem Kontakt 5.3 MacOS 10.9.1 [Solved]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Alphafish, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Alphafish

Alphafish Newbie

Hi, after looking nearly all the posts, trying all steps, I still have the problem, that the "old libraries" appear in the library part, but disappear after restart...
    All, which have no special wallpapers... The others work fine...

When I add the old ones, in my User/Library/preferences folder, I see plist files with their names being created... One, with the Name itself, and one with "com.native-instruments.NAME".

I had the actual Installer and fixed Kontakt 5.3.0.6464...
    Today I also tried it also under 10.7.... Same...

Would really appreciate your help...

Best

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Since they are old libraries you should be using .nkx/.nkc to keep the library in place and they are gone after you restart because the nki's have nothing to reference too

See Here:
    MAC TUTORIAL FOR CREATING CUSTOM MASTER LIBRARIES FOLDERS IN KONTAKT 5

and Here:
    All Mac related Problems with Kontakt

Let me know

P.S. so basically what you do is download the rar in my mac tutorial head to the info files folder(keep back-ups)grab the .nkx/.nkc add them to one of your old library folder rename them the library name and add in kontakt again and see if they stick

You may have to clean up your plists for these libraries if the above method does not work at first :wink:

4. Alphafish

Alphafish Newbie

Thanks for this input especially with the Master Libraries...!!!!!!! All the other steps of the 2nd link i already tried...
    In meantime I thought about all the written stuff and...I saw, that my "Service Center" Program was not installed... Although there's was the folder under Library /ApplicationSupport, which contained the fixed prefs, but it looks as the NI package downloaded didn't contain the program itself... Possible??????

So I downloaded the last version from NI's site, replaced again the prefs and Library-Files (Prefs etc), started and....

IT WORKS!!!!!!!...Unbelievable...!!!!!!!!
    AND I have now this tutorial to work on... Thank you so much for your input and your quick answer...!!!!

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

No Problem, It's that everything working now, and the Service Center incident is strange you me never seen or heard that that before with the installer??

6. Morph

Morph Newbie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd love to have a single simple installer for Kontakt 5.3 for Mac...

7. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

I don't believe there's a simple installer like windows has for MAC :snuffy: