Library not showing anymore in Kontakt 6.5.1

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Randlefish, Feb 18, 2021.

1. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

Yes. They are HU and JDX generated by Kontakted.
    I gave a look at some of my third parties libs and them all share the same values as in my example.

2. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

IMO if a library does require a certain HU and JDX code, it won't accept other codes. If it doesn't require any, you don't need them in a home-made .nicnt.

I just don't get what the mystery benefit is about this Kontakted app? Does it register anything in a hidden file? Or does it only create the same kind of home-made .nicnt file that we suggested (with instructions) to do for anyone as a simple homework?
    And as I've already mentioned, there's another app that is free and does quite the same or even more.
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to-create-nicnt-files-for-kontakt.33486/page-3#post-513373

3. InTheChips

InTheChips Ultrasonic

The "mystery benefit" is that it just works. I had a lot of libraries that weren't showing up after the 6.5x update.The free app didn't help, nor did building the files by hand. True, I could have eventually figured out how to "roll my own", but I'd rather spend my time making music.

4. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

True for official libraries. Not for third parties libs that de fact, born as NON libs. Thats why the same HU and JDX codes generated by Kontakted work.

Yes for older Kontakt versions. Not so after Kontakt 6.5 and up.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List