Library loaded but not showing anymore

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by rnstnzrth, Mar 18, 2023.

1. rnstnzrth

rnstnzrth Newbie

Hello, I have the library Walker 1955 Concert D Full, from Embertone and it always worked normally in my Kontakt 6.2.2, but a few days ago it stopped working for no apparent reason. I have already donwloaded it twice and it didn't work again, I have already deleted the registry keys and the .xml file and it doesn't work at all, I have already tried to change the SNPID to another number and it didn't work either.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

related to your problem or not, I would start with updating your Kontakt to a version most people are using. 6.7 or 7. Then figure it out. There is a slight/decent possibility just updating will fix it.

4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Maybe it's hidden? Go to options->libraries and see if it's in the list. If it is, make sure it's marked.

5. rnstnzrth

rnstnzrth Newbie

I intend to, but this version works and has always worked perfectly, and has all the features I need. The library hasn't updated, it's the same version.

The problem is that the library loads, but does not appear in this list for marking.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

Best Answer
    This is the opposite of "working perfect". I give you the benefit of the doubt for knowing how to operate the software correctly because it's an old version. You already tried the usual fixes. Next attempt is to reinstall/update to "current" even though 7 is already out. 6.7 is about 2 years old. 6.6 had some issues for the releasers. It will install in a totally default state, fixing whatever "make it not work button" you have already pushed.

7. rnstnzrth

rnstnzrth Newbie

Ok, the problem is that I use Kontakt in .dll, as a plugin, and Kontakt 7 has no support for VST2, only VST3. And some programs I use, only work in VST2

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

if you had a k7 working installation, alongside your 6; you would know if your problem was within all of the menus and options of Kontakt 6.2.2. or your problematic library. Usually libraries don't just break in a short period of time, unless you install other things as well. As it stands you can not say the problem is caused by one of the other, or SNPID and any other things which can go wrong. Say your library requires 6.6. You'd already know. The first thing is to check comments where you originally downloaded from.

Depending on your problem, launching Standalone or 5 might even give you clues where to look.
    The whole thing with Ableton and VST2 is more than I can give you ideas about from a Mac. we have different utility programs. Be methodical and you will figure it out without chasing your tail.

this is from another site about the Mac version: but it contains details you can check first:

1. Open the "Walker 1955 Steinway D.xml" with TextEdit

(located at MacintoshHD -> Library -> Application Support -> Native Instruments -> Service Center)
    2. Look for the SNPID-Value and make sure it is "Q14" and not just 000. Save the xml File.
    3. Try to open up Kontakt v6 again.
    If there is no xml-File in the location mentioned above, you didn't add the library successfully in Kontakt 5.6.0

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  9. rnstnzrth

rnstnzrth Newbie

Ok, thanks. I got the library working again by updating Kontakt to version 6.7.1, as you mentioned. However, it is a pity that I could not solve this problem in the previous version, I think it might happen again in the future? Do you know how I could find out the cause of the problem in case it happens in the future? And what it could be, since the library version is still the same, and it had only stopped working in the old version of Kontakt. For anyone reading this in the future, yes, the library stopped working probably after I installed other libraries, but I couldn't identify which one, and if this really was the cause of the problem, it may have been a coincidence.