Library issues with Kontakt 5.7.1

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Jambuw, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

I have a few libraries that work with Knontakt 5.6.6 but cannot be found with 5.7.1 portable. The majority of my libraries were found but so far, Cinesample CineStrings Runs and Spitfire eDNA cannot be found. I opened Manage Libraries and attempted to add. I browsed to the correct folder but got "No Library Found". Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also do anyone have a working Evolution Hollowbody nicnt? Thanks in advance

3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Intro Ninja should know... Tell us what platform your on at least.

4. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Sorry bout that, Windows 10

5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

No need to apologize sorry if I sounded shitty... seriously though. Intro Ninja would be the man to Kontakt....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. Jeff Maneville

Jeff Maneville Ultrasonic

I just installed CineStrings Runs on 5.7.1 portable and it works fine here. Do you have a CineStrings - RUNS.nicnt file? It probably doesn't matter but mine has <SNPID>481</SNPID> which doesn't conflict with any other library.

Have you installed it previously or is this first time on 5.7.1?

I have Win 7 x64 but since it's portable, I would think that wouldn't matter (but I could be very wrong).

You might try to uninstall it, remove any instance from 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center' and the registry (from an older version of Kontakt) ... then reinstall and see if that helps. I've had to do that with other libraries and it worked.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Blazin

Blazin Producer

I also cannot get it to add spitfire eDNA or sample logic Rumble and maybe a few others. I am def looking for a workaround. I tried to add them and no matter what I do I cannot get them to work says "You must add this library before you can use" type thing. I am on windows 10

8. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

First you should leave latest Kontakt 5.6.6 executable on your drive also, so you can add that libraries with old Kontakt. I mean beside that add_library.exe etc... I'm using old executable just to add libraries.
    eDNA works correctly here.

9. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

All of the libraries work fine in Kontakt 5.6.6 which I did keep installed. It's when I try to add them in 5.7.1 that the problem occurs. 5.7.1 can't find the libraries even though they are present in 5.6.6. Another wierd problem happened with Hybrid Tools. I got the overlapping grey and blue boxes. Where should the pictures be loaded. I verified that it was in C:\ Documents...Native Instruments...Kontakt 4 and 5...pictures. Still won' work. Is there a special folder for portable? All these work in 5.6.6. Thanks in advance. Again, does anyone have a working Evolution Hollow Body?

10. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

@Jambuw folder for pictures in portable version u will find here

[..]\Kontakt571Portable\UserData\Kontakt 5\pictures\

Copy all graphics from installed version to this folder and should work fine ... (works for me)

And same as u have a problem with eDNA on portable version..... On normal installed version works fine.... dont know how to fix it in portable....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  11. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

What about Cinesample Cinestrings Runs?

12. Jambuw

Jambuw Member

Does anyone have a working evolution Hollowbody nict file? Im using ver 5.7.1 on Windows 10

13. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

Yes, a nifty way to set up for this is to rename the holdover 5.6.6 "Kontakt 5.exe" to anything else meaningful, say "Kontakt 566.exe" and inserting that into Kontakt 5's program root alongside its current executable. Create shortcut for it, place on desktop. Use this to start Kontakt 5 in 5.6.6 mode to allow for straightforward old-style library manipulation. Add library (it may or may not show up in Libraries column at once), then close program and restart as 5.7.1.

[Edit: of course when run from inside a DAW, as plug-in not standalone, the renaming thing wouldn't work and swapping out old and new executables would have to be resorted to. Use standalone method, above.]
    :guru:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  14. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Download KLC.exe (Windows only) - assuming you are Windows?

It is because it requires a *.nicnt file as you seem to understand.
    You can make your own nicnt file and graphic should you choose.
    Make your graphic either 444x100 pixels or 244x100 which will stretch the right hand side and save it as Wallpaper.png to the directory KLC created the nicnt file and default wallpaper.

Here's a link, I uploaded it.
    https://www36.zippyshare.com/v/tlBOist6/file.html

If you are MAC, run it in Wine if you have a windows installation/emulation and do the same ensuring it has access to the Mac folder as they both use the same file and graphic format.

Here's a screenshot "How" to use it
    https://prnt.sc/kkb2wi

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2018