Libraries that ask for serial number

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by classfied, May 24, 2020.

1. classfied

classfied Newbie

Hi,

my first post here, I've searched the forum and read so many posts, but I have some newly downloaded libraries that ask for a serial code after nicnt file is created. When I type the serial, that usually comes with the dl package, nothing happens, no pop up, no confirmation, nothing.

I have the original Kontakt 6.xx installed with the 5.6.1 kg version and also tried the portable. Most are libraries by small brands that are not on the kg...Also most of the libraries work, only those that come with the serial I cannot get by.

I even considered that the serial that comes with the package could be wrong, but the fact I get no error message puzzles me. How do I solve it? is the original installed a problem here?

tks

3. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

@classfied
    welcome to the forum and enjoy

your issue is strange indeed ,as far as i know portable version dont ask for serials
    (there are alot of kontakt threads here check them out bro on how to add libraries to the portable version)

have you thought of contacting NI staff ? if you bought it as DL package ,send them back the code
    for double checking ,nothing to worry (just dont mention the portable version because thats another case )

by the way ,after i installed that recent version v6 with NI access and add library exe
    my portable version dissapeared ,pooof ,and was replaced by this new version
    so im wondering if running poratable and cracked worked for some ,like your case

4. classfied

classfied Newbie

My setup is a mess basically... all the purchased stuff from NI work fine, but I'm running 6.2.2 scene release and also portable. The original was 5.8.1 and I also tried 5.6.6 cracked, original only shows purchased stuff.

Although the setup is a mess, 80% of the dled libraries work fine on 6.2.2 and 90% on portable. Then there are some old boutique libraries that ask me for a serial number, like Audio Reward stuff and others...

Regarding your case, I actually have 3 Kontakts in my DAW, 6.2.2 scene, 5.8.1 original and portable... Just create a shortcut to the portable VST and paste it as a shortcut directory in VST64 folder and it might work for you. Leave things in different dirs. Also Kontakt.dll and Kontakt 5.dll can coexist since different names

5. classfied

classfied Newbie

Best Answer
    ok, I was reading some threads about the library I wanted to authorize and I realized my libraries folders might be set to read-only, I unchecked that option and done, I managed to authorize them!

So, if anyone can mark as solved, that is something to do.

thanks