Libraries not showing between M1 Mac and Intel?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ted2020, Mar 17, 2022.

1. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Ok so have an intel i7 Mac (Catalina 10.15.7) running K'd Kontakt 5.6.0 (R46 for adding Libraries) and K'd Kontakt 6.6.1 (R139) for playing them. All streaming from a T7 SSD drive.

I now have a new M1 Max Macbook Pro to use Kontakt and in the process of moving them over.
    I want to move some of them off the T7 SSD (keep as a backup) and move them to the M1Max fast internal SSD, so that they stream faster.

Copying over the exact folders with the libraries, .ninct files etc, all like for like.

So as its M1 Silicon, I downloaded the K'd Kontakt 6.7. All Good.
    Installed some Libraries with a mixture of Kitty Scripts, and some others I needed to re-install K'd Kontakt 5.6.0 (R46) for some more, and it seemed to work.

Now some of the libraries, on the M1 aren't installing? As mentioned, trying Kitty Script and K5 on the M1 to add libraries, and K5 even asks for my password (a good sign!) to add them. Then nothing?

I put the drive back on the older Intel i7 Mac and do the same, by installing, and they work and add to Kontakt?

What could be happening here, if the same folder doesn't work on the M1 but works on the Intel?
    And its only a certain few that are being weird?

Is it in the process of copying over from T7 to M1 SSD that files are going missing or not copying?
    I checked the file sizes and all are identical?

Do i need to trash a file or re-do a .ninct for the weird libraries?
    I am sure i tried this but still the same.

I have K5 and K6 on both Mac's, and also KLC creator for Windows (Parallels) if it helps?

Thank you for any help.

3. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Ok so I think I have 'cracked' this problem, incase it helps anyone out on here, as others have been good to me.

For libraries showing in K5, but not in K6, I found after some digging, that you need to create a carbon copy of the .ninct file, and make it into an XML file that matches, but in the Service Centre folder.

I am doing the problematic libraries, one by one (slow!) but so far, everything has worked perfectly. :)

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

What size SSD is in the newer machine?

5. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

6. ratox

ratox Noisemaker

Please sir, could you give some more precise indication, I'd love to run old EWQL Libraries on my new system! Thanks

7. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Hi, yes, i hopefully can explain below, but I am on a Mac, so not sure if its the same for PC?

1. Duplicate the .ninct File

2. Rename the duplicate file with the extension .XML

3. Open up the XML in Text Edit.

4. Delete top line and everything below the </ProductHints>

5. Resave and then drop into the Service Center Folder with all other .xml files

This has my older and problematic libraries working, if it helps you or someone else out here :)