Libraries kept disappearing so I made an nicnt, now they are encrypted. How can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by EffeX, Jan 29, 2015.

1. EffeX

EffeX Newbie

I'm on mac with kontakt version 5.4.2

So I had a few libraries that kept disappearing when I added them, probably because they didn't have an .nicnt
    Those where Symphobia 2, Ethno Worlds 5, LASS and CineBrass.

The next logical step for me was to copy a working nicnt (Lumina in this case) and change the contents and the SNPID number.
    Now I am able to add the libraries and they stay in my kontakt but I can't use them because is says "The patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library is loaded properly".
    I already tried deleting the .plist and .xml files but that doesn't work. Even when I delete the .nicnt file of for example symphobia it says that it is encrypted. How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

3. Musicvisions

Musicvisions Newbie

Hi, I work on PC but it has happened to me several times. - What I've done is delete all log information - All trace of the library in Kontakt and all information that is related to the library. I shut down the computer twice and then install the library as if it were the first time. It does not take the nicnt file. This file is spy. I use the Simphobia 2 and Lass 2 without the nicnt file and perfect. :wink: Hope you get luck

4. EffeX

EffeX Newbie

Still havn't found a solution... Anyone?

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

It's not wise to create a nicnt file for a lib that already has that information encrypted in its file structure - it usually corrupts the lib and you have to reinstall. When you do, remove everything, including the prefs files (root and user) and the XML file in Library>Application Support>NI>Service Centre. Then do a cold reboot before you attempt to reinstall.

Introninja has a great tutorial on creating a list of all your lib's nicnt numbers, even the encrypted ones. This helps you avoid assigning a number that's already in use - which can be a real pain to fix.

6. EffeX

EffeX Newbie

Okay good to know, thanks! What do you mean with reinstall? There isn't much to install, it's just drag and drop for some folders. And when I uninstall: should deleting the .plist in library/preferences and the .xml in library/application support/Native Instruments/Service Center be enough or is there more to it?

7. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Yes, delete the .plist in the master prefs folder and the XML in the service centre folder, and I always also trash the plist file(s) (there are often multiple) in the user prefs as well. By reinstall I just mean replacing the library - some libs have an installer, some just the folders. Just make sure you get everything when you remove a corrupted lib, and ALWAYS restart before attempting to reinstall - rebooting Kontakt or your DAW is not enough. Kontakt's memory seems to be very resilient.