let's make coming out!

Discussion in 'Education' started by rustyjames, Feb 1, 2019.

1. rustyjames

rustyjames Noisemaker

what are your favourite tricks you using in your Productions?
    let's make coming out :rofl:

3. ontschoeit

ontschoeit Kapellmeister

idea first
    then fiddle
    itsa secret

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Slaking_97

Slaking_97 Kapellmeister

Keeping a can of cola around

5. ICWC

ICWC Newbie

The only trick is "not thinking about any trick other than the only trick". If you'd be on the trail of other tricks or whatever, in fact you don't let the music sink in.:wink:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I don't use EQ nor compression until mixing time. Trying to mix without the mixing tools, sort of. Only HPF and LPF are allowed when necessary to clean up some frequencies, and only artistic distortion-compression-limiting with mostly outboard hardware, if it's essential for the sound. Same with reverb, delay, and mod fx.

Essentially, I separate making music, mixing, and mastering, into 3 different sessions. I discovered I'm more productive and tracks end up sounding better that way. For you it could be different. I'm just accustomed to doing it that way, since I discovered long time ago, that trying to do everything at the same time distracts me too much from finishing the track. :wink:

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Interesting x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Grok

Grok Producer

:) Liking what I hear. :)

And then, resting the ears and brain, to check later again if I always like it, of if with rested ears I can hear then that I've been somehow fooled by temporary hearing strain and have to refine the work already done.

Little by little and days after days this leads to faster confidence procedures.

This take much time, at first, but maybe it's finally the best way to secure an individual expertise, which should be in a perpetual refinement state.

8. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

listen, listen a lot, various genres, especially those you don't like or those which don't match your production genre, that way you learn surprisingly lot and often even catch interesting hooks and tricks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I'm a musical sex worker and have many tricks, my customers coming back for more and more of the good thing. It however has taken me years and years to get to where I am today, my little black book full of names, numbers and many, many quite interesting secrets.

10. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

Mix mono. Do stereo version as a derivative, basically spin-off, from primary mix. :guru:

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Morphing and breeding presets. Rear-bus/mix-bus compression. Humanization of timing, velocity, etc. Layering, layering, layering.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Timing, morphing, velocity and lay, lay, layering; it sounds exactly like my work, minus the breeding part that is.

13. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

I agree, i always try to find sounds who is good with each others, to minimize treatments, because i'm too lazy when it come mixing treatments

14. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Practice makes champions.

the pattern i've noticed that keeps coming up when Doing music is:

Have and Idea from the start, and then its mearly just a matter of executing the idea and then refinning that idea.

OR

no idea to begin with, and its about experimenting and exploring untill you discover a idea emerge that you FEEL.

both "ways" can be both super fun and super fustration at different times. :)

my best advice is, echoing what @SineWave said. Split your session up into more than 1 session.

if there is "no song/track" then there is NO NEEED for "mixing".

15. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

oh:wink: i am genotype sex worker and strain whore:rofl:

• List
  16. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

whats a fockn rear bus now again damn..:crazy:when come the day i kno all that words damn

ok i found out
    rear bus

no here it is

• List
  17. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

Make the first mix, then make million other mixes. Listen to them, and eventually return to the first mix, that's about it. :rofl:

p.s.
    It is in the context of one song.

p.s.
    As for the part about tricks, no tricks! Everything is already explained on the net, just keep searching and try to incorporate only those things that best suits you and your workflow. (tricks don't make a difference, but the epic song does!)

18. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

i usually do 80s style so the idea is already there (italo/disco /pop /high energy/funk/dance/ballad )so the influence can
    be extracted to layers and patterns and work from there
    standard bass/meldic keys/or arpegg-keys/and drums /guitars/ and here the demo will turn in to something..or get deleted lol

then comes the hardest part : mixing ...sometimes i get lucky to do it correctly ..other times
    i forget to adjust compression and efx specially when i work on over 30 tracks and layers
    and all this will end up ruin the overall sound ,and when this happen i have to check
    the layers one by one and this will take more time which i dont since my 5yo nephew likes to shoot aliens using my pc all day :dunno:

and if i did passed that ,then mastering is easy with izotope or slate digital plugins /or combo of both
    slight compression /limiter/eq and track is ready to burn in to mp3 for car/stereo/public listening

this is good thread brothers ,:mates::mates::mates::mates::mates:
    good luck to all

hkk