Let me introduce myself and my music (basically rock with additions)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Polymetrix, May 16, 2016.

1. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

So I finally registered here after being a visitor for quite a while and after I already posted something I figured to introduce myself a little..

Scroll down for music if not interested in backstory ;)
    Well I make music since late 2004 (began playing guitar back then), had several bands over the course of 10 years and was the main songwriter in most of them and learned bass, singing, piano, mixing..to some extend on the way. In 2012 I was already frustrated with the history of bands splitting up before hitting so that I came close to sell all my instruments when I "discovered" photography as a new hobby after being forced to buy a DSLR (long story...). As a matter of fact it was so close that I almost began taking the photos for the sale and just became a little sentimental and listened to all the gp5-files of my songs. Long story short I thought it would be a terrible waste and so I decided to really put some energy in learning mixing, practiced with two Christmas spoof songs, had to graduate and began releasing the songs in November 2015. I chose monthly releases on YouTube with videos for that. Why? Because it's more fun and I am doing this for me and me alone atm. I really enjoy playing with other musicians but always being held back by one or two persons in the bands left me with a plan to lay down a paved way for the future search for musicians to bring all this on stage...

Short info on my approach on mixing: I am not aiming for the ultra-modern-ultra-punchy sound. I want everything to sound (a little fatter than) natural and somewhat glued together. That's it. No matter what difference it would make for listeners: I personally really don't like exotic FX (e.g. ring mods or extreme flangers or so).
    If you want to criticize or provide advice please listen through all the tracks as I myself noticed improvements over the now 8 released songs and so maybe a problem you've heard on the 1st isn't there anymore after the 6th or so. I am constantly learning and experimenting. Without further ado:

Between these two songs a contest for a guitar endorserment was launched in Germany's largest musician's community and I said to myself: if you can release the third song before the contest's deadline you'll apply.

I applied and took 3rd place - because they wanted to focus on live performing artists. The European distributor send me two guitars for reviewing anyway...but that happened after the 4th song

To me after this song there's some sort of difference not just because I began using stock footage for the videos...

For May I wanted to do something special. First of all: I had to hide the work on the song for my fiancée from her so sooner or later I would be forced to do two songs in one month. Then I wanted to release one of my oldest songs (Mind Pirates) as some kind of birthday present to myself and as a celebration for doing this six months straight. So I released two songs last month...

Well...that's it so far and the 9th track is already on it's way and coming along pretty well.

3. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Welcome on board Polymetrix!:cheers:

Nice songs :wink:

4. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Welcome Polymetrix! Great post!

5. eboe

eboe Producer

Nice work!

Cheers and welcome ;)

6. Adamdog

Adamdog Platinum Record

hello nice tunez! and very determinated spirit.
    welcome onboard!

7. Antikythera Mechanism

Antikythera Mechanism Ultrasonic

Why don't you try to get into this project? https://audiosex.pro/threads/audiosex-metal-album-official.24290/

Kouros member is the organizer, the deadline to register ended on March 29, but it seems to be a little delay, make the attempt.

(This is only a suggestion, I do not take any decision on this project, nor do i have much information, only the organizers)

Good luck :disco:

8. Polymetrix

Thanks for the nice welcome!
    And...HOLY SH_ _ - I don't look closely on the viewcounters but the impact of you guys was quite immense :D (I'll definitely post a screenshot of the YT-Analytics as soon as it is available; just for fun).

Available now:
    peak.png
    All of you who watched here are within the peak :D

Will definitely consider asking what's possible the next few days. I am quite busy looking for a job atm and in between replacing the 'arrangement-placeholder' tracks with the final recordings for the next song. Especially vocals are going to be difficult once more - one of the neighbors is renovating his room in the basement almost exactly below my living room where I have to record. But I even would be able to add an own track depending on how much time I'd have left. Got something Melodic-Death-styled up my sleeve that I couldn't use for DrScythe..

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  9. Polymetrix

Well...here we go, the big announcement:

And the 9th song too!