Lenny had a tantrum and is remorseful

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by Lenny Belardo, Sep 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. statik

statik Audiosexual

freedom is the biggest illusion ever, even bigger than religion. earth is a prison, gravity is the force they use to keep us here.

we are not free, we are all prisoners!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  2. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

And it's a good thing to be alive prisoners at the Earth. The gravity-free alternative is to be free corpses floating in the space. I mean, the death by vacuum doesn't seem pretty. :rofl:

3. statik

statik Audiosexual

you see? the vacuum is another safety measure to make sure we don't escape alive!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. Coronazi

Coronazi Kapellmeister

A true and real artist in any form or way under the domination of restrictions can never fulfill his or hers potential due to limitations.
    In other words... Socio-Psychopaths rule the thoughts and converstaions.

5. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

This is not censorship. This is a kindergarten. Oly is the kindergarten teacher and the fight for "the truth" is your toy. Oly just takes your toys away from you so you don't bash your heads in because you are too childish to play together and come to an agreement. :bleh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Coronazi

Coronazi Kapellmeister

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Good one :rofl:
    Childish: guilty as charged
    Bashing my head: literally, only once. Two according to some friends, but I was so drunk I don't remember it so I think they made it up just to mess with me

And in fact you made me realize an important mistake in my post. Oly is not censoring, is applying the rules, moderating. Corrected.

Aren't moderate, moderation such beautiful words in these days?

8. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Everything in moderation, indeed.

9. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Lets not swing the pendulum in the opposite direction please. It will prove no point whatsoever, in fact it would just be staid and predictable.

I am certain you are intelligent enough to know you have technically already crossed a line.

10. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

We are adults...uhmm, not all of us are...
    We can self moderate our conversation...uhmm...not really...
    It`s a bit unrealistic to me.

I wonder why such a free spirited mind chooses crowns and popes as an avatar...
    (I`m well aware where you`re from...)

11. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Some of us are , some of us may not be adults. It is irrelevant.
    Obviously NOT TRUE. You and I broke the rules and the moderator stepped in and edited the thread.
    Again, your claim is FALSE.
    Since when? This is no public place that we pay taxes to maintain, or that we own.
    This is a privately-owned place and the owner is free to do whatever they choose, within the laws.
    You and I may complain and argue for changes, but we have no "RIGHTS".
    NO RIGHTS WHATEVER!
    You may not need them erased, but obviously the owner thinks some need to be and employs moderators to handle that.
    Opinion and arguably untrue. Irrelevant anyway.
    Really? I have yet to see evidence of that. It seems that the moderators are following the RULES and the only ev idence I can see is that their powers are TIGHTLY RESTRICTED by the rules.
    SHOW ME WHERE their actions have exceeded or circumvented the rules. SHOW EVIDENCE for your accusation.
    He may or may not like it. There is no evidence either way.
    I have yet to see that be a problem, so long as the rules are not broken. I see all kinds of shitposts and pathetic garbage along with the humorous and entertaining. It seems that only if it breaks the rules do moderators intervene.
    FALSE. The rules only set the limits of free speech within the group. The rules are few and limited.
    Your claim is FALSE. Either you are knowingly lying, or are unaware, so I am telling you now if it is the latter: You are WRONG.
    While the restrictions are absolute (although not always enforced), they are LIMITED and VERY REASONABLE when compared with other forums.
    Your judgment and opinion of the guidelines may be objectively wrong, but your judgment of what is worth your time and experience is valid.
    No one can say that your feelings are not your feelings, even if they are based on wrong analysis and judgments.
    I think if you could let go of your feelings of being offended, you might not feel so "robbed" of enjoyment.
    If you did not hate authority so much, maybe is would calm the electro-chemical storm raging in your body and mind.
    There are reasons for the authority and the censorship and although if may feel crushing, if you consider fully the consequences of NO LIMITS to the speech here, you may feel less resentment.
    MY comments were removed as well, but I understand why. It is a sacrifice to be in this group. It is a sacrifice that I must limit my speed on the highway to what the limit is. All these are compromises of our "rights" (if they actually exist).
    To live truly free lives, we must live ALONE. To live in groups, we will be subject to the group rules, and suffer or avoid whatever limitations and punishments of the group. There are PLENTY of places to talk religion and politics other than here. It feels like a small price for me to pay to avoid those topics (or have my posts deleted if I forget).
    Yes, I feel a slight wounding to have my words deleted, but more I regret the loss to others of my sparkling wit and deep philosophical and psychological observations. Well, ok, maybe i mostly post fart jokes ... but you know what I mean.

None of us are REALLY "needed" ... but it would be a very quiet group.
    But if i get your meaning right, and you are making a threat to leave if your rule-breaking comments are removed... well, I'd just say, reconsider. Think more about why the rules are there. I have been in enough shitty forums to appreciate the rules here, and consider them to be limited, few and reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Then you are smart enough to seek a more suitable forum for you.
    Remember, you`re free...the only one in the way is yourself...
    I`ll miss you if you leave, luv...:wink:

Let me see ya thumb...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

LOL, that really happened? So glad I didn't even bother taking a look at that thread. ;)

14. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I agree.

and the thing is that everywhere else in society is also "moderated"!

at your workplaces specified BUDGET meeting we don't get to disrupt it with freaking rants on religion views etc, do we

we hardly want the clerk of a bank to get by picking up her views on the world when she is handling a loan at the bank, do we

well is the same here, just "virtual", here we have mods. its not that hard

not to mention that most "urgent matters" are at the level of a drunk 3 year old child who just hit the head. this just attracts lurkers to register who sense here is a chance to run wild, we have seen that in the past.

lol, tell me about it, I know the feeling. cheers :)

15. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

... and the rest doesn't behave like that (from time to time)

"The Rules" and their enforcement are the main reason why AS still exists. Many other pages went south and were destoyed by the chaos.

I don't like it either, when one of my posts is deleted. Oly is sometimes harsh and from time to time not even fair. But in the end it's Saints page and he defines the house rules. Who can't accept them is free to make his/her own page. Good luck!

The only thing I have to criticize in this context is that the rules are often not applied consistently to everyone.

@ OP: No one ever said, AS ist a democracy. :no:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I'm pretty sure you are misinterpreting my comment, because your answer makes no sense at all.
    Especially because you agree with my statement in another post:

17. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Lenny had a tantrum and is remorseful
    (resumes relaxing in AudioSafeSexSpace - brain no longer required :no:)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

- By the way, this is the reason why I am writing here, because it is the only forum where I am still allowed to write.
    For that matter, thanks @Olymoon and thanks @SAiNT . - Sinus Well

What a hypocrite you are!

19. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

see it this way it is something like taking or stealing the lollypop from small childeren!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2020

Attached Files:

20. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I still do not get your point. And what is this personal attack about? "Hypocrite"? What exactly have I done to you?
    The fact that Oly and Saint really let a lot of things slide in the past, even though it contradicts the rules in some cases, shows that they are not interested in limiting freedom of speech, but in a peaceful relationship.

For the human brain it is pretty much the same whether someone attacks you personally or whether they disagree on a point that is of great importance to you. This is scientifically quite well proven.
    If all people were aware of this fact, they would be better able to question their own emotions, and opinion debates would not degenerate into opinion wars. If this were the case, we would not need to ban certain topics in forums. We could have very interesting conversations from which everyone could benefit. But since this is not the case and your brain considers a foreign opinion on a topic that is a cornerstone of your personality as a personal attack, these rules are important. Because nobody should feel personally attacked.

PS:
    In other forums I have been banned because moderators have a clearly recognizable politically motivated agenda. There is no prohibition of topics there and I dared to enrich an existing topic with facts. Not something that is still disputed in the professional world or something that is controversial, but facts... for example, how the filling of certain political offices in a particular country works.
    In another forum I was banned because I told people to follow the corona rules of their country. But I said they should not panic and get involved in something positive instead, because negative stress has a negative effect on the immune system. ONLY posts with contents that contribute to panic and fear were allowed. For example certain newspaper articles with fakenews, statistics, studies. Other more differentiated articles of the same newspapers, statistics with more meaningful bar resolutions, or studies with results which classify previous findings were deleted without exception. Even fact-checks could only be posted if the content result corresponded to the mods' agenda. Posts where people asked why their posts were deleted were deleted. Only hate and insults were allowed in this forum.

Ergo: If this thread is not deleted yet, it is a sign that the mods are doing a good job.

So what exactly is your problem?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List