Lenny had a tantrum and is remorseful

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by Lenny Belardo, Sep 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We are adults. We can self moderate our conversation. We enjoy unfettered and uncensored debate. We do not need to have our comments erased. The rules are arbitrary and archaic and the moderator wields unlimited power and tells us what is and what isn't to his liking. It doesn't seem to matter that we, the contributors who make up the core strength of this community, are held in contempt for veering from the topic, which often is banal and we inject it with a sense of humour and intelligence. Yet none of this is important because "the rules" do not allow free speech. I see this as an absolute restriction and an Impediment to our participation in building this group of diverse and immensely intelligent and fun people. If I am to live under such authoritarian guidelines, it is not worth my time and experience. It robs me of the enjoyment I get from being a participant who helps, who is helped and who offers some humour, which is some thing I enjoy very much. But if my comments are all erased when they don't fit the rules, then my presence is not needed.

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Krusk

Krusk Kapellmeister

The law and the law enforcer are everywhere, and no one can doubt that. The whole world, from the smallest to the largest, is founded on clear and modified laws.

Some laws are general that apply everywhere and everyone accepts them, but some laws are specific to specific individuals and communities. No place can be found left without law.

The legislatures and law enforcers have always been most severely criticized and hated. It is true that societies are evolving and reforms in the laws should happen more quickly, but if the legislator and the law enforcer are to be left out of the equations, then the foundations will collapse.:dunno:

4. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

old story here...and over there...

so much shit talk and really annoying dumbtopic get no mod but the interesting and often important side show off topic which nobody harms get deleted

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. eldarktufa

eldarktufa Guest

Rules and laws are written mostly by men. Surely they can also be unwritten. No?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

if you're refering to the whole religion bashing comments in the "do daws all sound the same" debate, well Oly was just implementing the rules. How the heck can anyone end up giving their precious thoughts on christianity, judaism, islam or hinduism on a topic about daws ? The rules are very wise on the matter, since obviously if you start writting that all religious persons are some kind of brainwshed zombies, welll some will take offense and endless arguing will follow.
    At the end of the day, it's all about faith anyway, belief in the new God - ie science - or the old ones everyone can chose whatever they please, AS is just not the place to "debate" those kind of opinions (or others, like political opinions).
    Those rules have been put in place for a good reason. Endless post full of hatred and arguments caused it, the forum has gained a lot by putting them in place.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

bye then, you are free to leave. this is not your playground.
    its a platform, owned and administrated.

suggest? sure.

demand? think again

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Krusk

Krusk Kapellmeister

What do you think everyone leaves and just you remain? You like this very much. The undisputed king..........:rofl:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

but nobody is leaving man

its just the "i must express myseeeeelf, they dont let me be myself"-rant. its bound to happen every 6 months or so. some with a "f¤#¤ you everyone" and some just vanish.

but most seem to feel very happy here dont you?

specially without spamming maniacs "expressing themselves" with random worthless crap allover the forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

The problem is not the discussion a derail entails, the problem is that it makes it nigh on impossible to follow the actual on-topic talk. And sure, it's interesting to the off-topicers but not to anybody else who just might be there to discuss the actual topic.

So when people start veering off-topic they'd be better served to start a new topic on whatever sideline the chatter takes and discuss it there.

I think the mod call to clean up that thread (and others in the pass) was right. I've been deleted previously and that just made me think that "yeah, perhaps that didn't belong here", no need to take it personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

I dont disagree with what you are saying but I think the mods especially olymoon are pretty chill and do a good job moderating the forum , remember that the question comes up in search engines this is how i knew the forum personally , and if they find off topic answers on a specific question it would steer people away

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

OP is apparently unaware that whenever any group of humans gets together, despite espousing lofty goals at first, it inevitably degenerates into shit.

13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I was just notified that one of my posts was deleted from the "All DAWs Sound The Same" thread. I'm a serial tangentualizer but will always try to find a way to tie in my sometimes irreverent witticisms with the topic at hand. I must have been a very, very bad Lois Lane to have The Moon cast it's long shadow of the law over my post, but guess now will never know why as it has been relgated to the cold purgatory of non compliance. I guess that I'll need to self flagellate to repent for my digression against "The Rightous Way". Forgive me Father Lenny, for I have sinned.

And Oly, please love the sinner and only hate the sin.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

The OPs premise is a bad faith argument to begin with. If you can't discerning when the conversation has veered off topic then you shouldn't be complaining in the first place. Which, in most gustapo-like deleting sessions is the actual case, not if people might get offended. If what I'm saying is untrue, try it and find out. Start an off-topic discussion in the appropriate forum and make it clear that topic is controversial, and those easily offended shouldn't participate. As long as everyone involved remains civil and keeps ad hominem attacks out of their dialogue. I guarantee that thread nor any of it's conversations will be deleted.

However, on the other hand. One could just as easily derail this thread with off-topic nonense. Foster-style, for example. Why would anyone want to have arbitrary conversations with strangers about "opinions" on things, instead of using the collective expertise here to spend that time and energy getting better at music creation in general?

15. recycle

recycle Guest

Lenny, stop playing the victim: you are wrong

16. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Meh, it happens and it is necessary.

Just because you and I do not find those particular viewpoints extreme doesn't mean that some people will not view them as contemptuous disdain to the model they have chosen to explain their life and the reason for their existence.

A squelch of my words every so often is a price I am willing to pay to stay the words of the many conspiracy theory trolls and their relatives the angry hate trolls as they sometimes dream out-loud of a future in which everyone returns to the practice of wearing jackboots, very snug uniforms with all kind of arm band symbology and lots of medals every where (but only for special people.)

17. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

talmi is 100% right...does it mean this rules should be fullfilled always 100%: NO

fact is ppl did post massivley ongoing on DAW topic...nobody was offended...it was just side talk...no big thread explosion happend

so , and what we have now is better or what...

18. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

Maybe you guys should look @ my post
    I need some good advice what is good or bad about this track i made
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/experimental-track.55586/
    I want some honest feedback it is not really experimental or atleast for me it is playing with acapella's and stuff i just want to create some techno
    i did not master it just a limiter on the masterbuss

19. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

If certain topics are not allowed in a forum because they lead to unfair statements by a few (or the majority) and moderators do not have the time to arbitrate everywhere, then we have to accept that. The problem are not models that deviate from the mainstream, but people who don't want to allow other models besides their model. "Agree to disagree" is no longer an option. If Nietzsche would live in today's society, he would probably be socially ostracized as a left-wing-right-wing-radical-conspiracy-theory-nazi-covidiot-illuminati-terrorist.

Edit:
    Freedom of speech never meant "You can say what you want as long as I don't have to listen to you", but "You can say what you want and I have to endure your opinion".

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  20. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

21. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

As much as I hate certain comments being deleted censorship, I gotta say especially in this day and age is justified.

Especially in this day and age because social networks seem to radicalize every polemic/sensitive topic because "it sells". So a lot of nice and reasonable people is way more angry and ready to be offended than it was 10 years ago. The Coronalypse doesn't help either.

And religion, racism (and other forms of discrimination), politics are the most sensitive ones. There're others but at the end of the day you can boil down most to those ones...

Edited: of course it isn't good nor fair, but the alternative is way worse. Necessary evil.

[Edited v2: typos, clarification, straight errors. The whole repackaging - sorry R2R -]

Edited v3: actually it's not censorship, it's moderation according to the rules, some of them aren't written in stone

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List