Legit vs Nonlegit Studio One

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by thethirdperson, Nov 24, 2016.

1. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

I've fallen head over heels with S1v3 professional in the last year so much so that I've been wanting to get a legit copy of it and with the Black Friday deal 50% off deal it's really tempting. That being said does anyone have experience with both the legit and non legit versions? Do I lose out on anything by going legit? What about if I'm using non-legit Melodyne. Is there a chance they will release 4 soon?

Thanks

3. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

I doubt there is any difference if you go legal tbh. More free stuff for you I guess :D Not sure about melodyne. And nah, not for another year or 2 imho. They haven't released 3.5 yet which is usally the major update.

4. Slider

Slider Producer

My experience is all works with legit S1

5. Zoom Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom Zoom Ultrasonic

I'm also interested in this. Do most copy's of crack plugins work with a legit copy of STUDIO ONE 3.3.1? Like WAVES,Fabfilter,softube etc....
    Or does SI somehow looks for some missing or modified plugin files?

If the crack plugins work...then Presonus will get my money. It's a fantastic DAW. Hope to see a repply soon. thx

6. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

not at all , everything works except warezed S1 Expansions Content and S1 Expansions effects etc .

7. Bertrum

Bertrum Member

You could always buy the license, and continue using what you have been. That way you are legal even if the software is cracked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. AudioDude

AudioDude Noisemaker

We need Studio One v3.5 ASAP though. Studio One is generally up there but still needs a little bit more push on all departments. From MIDI to TEMPO to VIDEO.

9. VroundS

VroundS Kapellmeister

You should keep in mind that if you don't want your pirated VSTs calling home you'll have to block the DAW internet access hence no online benefits like update, soundcloud etc.

10. On Track Tuts

On Track Tuts Newbie

Do you have any other DAWs you have purchased. Cos you can easily crossgrade to S1 from there. I crossgraded from Live to S1, at a much reduced cost.