Legit UAD with Protools AU 12.5

Discussion in 'Software' started by goldorakk, Apr 11, 2023.

1. goldorakk

goldorakk Newbie

Hey there. First God bless this forum for the amount of infos i collected throughout the years. Decided to make my first post since i need to be sure. I plan to replace my digi003 (yeah, about time) with new a device and ended up choosing the Apollo twin MK2 heritage Thunderbolt 3 (not ordered yet).
    So since i know UAD uses the app UA connect with ilok to use their plugins, i need to be sure it will work with unlegit protools Audio Utopia 12.5
    I used the free 1 month PT ultimate and seems like some unlegit (modified) AAX works (like the Goodheartz) and some others no.
    SO, does anyone here uses this version of Protools and legit UAD plugins?
    If not maybe i'll go with the new Mbox studio or some Apogee symphony desktop or maybe RME. Whatever it s not the point. Thank you all and sorry for my bad English!

Windows 10, probably 11 soon.

PS new PC user here. Been working on Mac for years on mavericks with HD10 and a wonderful macpro 5.1 but oh well, time to change for LOTS of reasons

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  3. julianbre

julianbre Producer

No problem running PT12.5, Windows 10, UAD-2 card and a RME HDSP9652 on my editing computer. No issues at all.

Haven't tried PT ultimate though.

4. goldorakk

goldorakk Newbie

Thanks for your answer! I'm not very familiar with UAD plugins. Does your card need ilok activation as well? And does it need UA connect too? My main concern is that i have to run ilok cloud permanently and can mess up with the pace application of PT...