Legit PSP plugins' iLok authorization on a PC with cracked software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Triple, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi
    I got a voucher for PSP plugins so I can choose some of their plugins.
    Authorization of PSP plugins is run by a free iLok account, so I'll need to connect my PC to the internet to start using my legit PSP plugins.
    1) On my PC there's a lot of cracked plugins. What should I do before connecting my PC to the internet so that some other plugins don't stop working? (as I heard some plugins call home when PC is connected to internet)

2) At the moment I have some cracked PSP plugins installed on the PC. I'll simply uninstall them and I'm ready to install the legit ones?
    Should I remove some keys from the registry before instaling the legit versions?

thanks!

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Triple The answer is no. You dont need to remove anything. They can coexist in same system without any issues. I have both.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Triple

Triple Member

Thanks!
    Do you know regarding the rest of questions?

How do you stop plugins from calling home when connecting PC to the net?

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Do your authorization with ilok manager without launching your daw(s). Then unplug your net connection and go back to your good old routine.
    Dlls won't magically go on the net unless you run your daw.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  6. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

That being said, starting the daw can be enough to make some dll go on the net. You wouldn't even have to start the plugin as during scanning by the daw the plugin might get initialized and then have the opportunity to go on the net.

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeap. Which is why he shouldn't launch it as long as he is connected. As advised.
    And obviously his daw itself could not be legit...So...It would be a bit silly...Can't believe some people go online with a cracked daw (or don't block it in FW)....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Triple
    You simply block your DAW from having access to the internet. You dont need any fancy program to do it. I use Windows Firewall with this: https://www.tweaking.com/content/pa...k)_allowblock_or_remove_windows_firewall.html

If you want options look at this thread https://audiosex.pro/threads/best-simple-firewall-recommmendation.42610/

Remember, there is nothing wrong with asking us. That is the only way to learn. And best of all, it is free.

Lastly, dont mess with the registry. You don't need to do so in this case.

9. Triple

Triple Member

To activate the legit PSP plugins I need the free iLok License Manager. BUT:

(I'm on PC windows 7 64bit) In the registry under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ I already have a folder "PACE Anti-Piracy" screenshot:
    https://zapodaj.net/5daa874ff5daf.png.html

I never installed any iLok software (at least a legit one) on this PC. But in the past I installed some cracked plugins (probably some iZotope or other) which (as I remember) had something with "iLok" in their names, so maybe the "PACE Anti-Piracy" folder is some warkaround of iLok that a cracking team made?
    Now I'm not sure if some of the cracked plugins I have on my PC (and I don't want to loose them) use these "PACE Anti-Piracy" registry folder...
    If I install the free iLok License Manager from iLok.com, then will there be a risk that some of my cracked plugins will stop working?

10. statik

statik Audiosexual