Legit Omnisphere with cracked Keyscape possible on one machine?

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by Mezzo, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Mezzo

Mezzo Newbie

A friend of my has a legit Omnisphere on his machine and would like to install the January update of Keyscape (sister site).

Is this possible and what steps to follow for a problem-free install?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Omnisphere doesn't have free updates? On second thought they probably don't because I assume they are massive content updates. Aren't they?

4. Mezzo

Mezzo Newbie

My question is not about updates. It's about wether it's possible to run a LEGIT version of Omnisphere BESIDE a cracked version of Keyscape on one machine, possibly on different hard drives.

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I can't pretend I know anything about how Spectrasonics does things, as I've never used any of their products ever. But I can say that generally is possible even on the same hard drive with most products without anything to worry about.

I thought you were asking about patching over an older legit version of omnisphere with a cracked new update. To which I would not know to be honest. But 2 separate products would definitely work alongside each other I think.

6. MojoDavey

MojoDavey Member

it works, Ive got that on my machine now. I think its a keyscape from before the most recent update, but its working fine

the only problem is that legit omnishpere will not load keyscape patches internally
    so you have to use the keyscape plugin for everything
    totally fine for me, but it definitley does not allow for that extra creativity where you can use synth tools to mess with the keyscape patches

7. Mezzo

Mezzo Newbie

Ok, that's good to know. I assume it's best to install Keyscape on a separate drive, or will the same drive be ok too?