Legit Effect Plugins that you love / Actually use often

Discussion in 'Software' started by VSKZ, Oct 29, 2021.

1. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Hi!
    We all know the trap of the sister site of downloading everything, getting it to work and testing the crap out of them against competitors. I thought it would be interesting to see what plugins did you maybe "test" and decided that they were so good you want to get them legit - and later didn't regret that decision... :(

So plugins that you still use after the new plugin hype phase.

For example, I would never use a product which requires an ilok dongle or subscription model. Ilok cloud is OK, and I'm still very happy about the Soundtoys Bundle I got in sale and still use them very often.

3. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

The regular trial period/free versions has been enough for most of the audio software I've bought. To list the ones that I've used "test" versions of before buying, it would be:

Reaper
    Superior Drummer 3 (Death & Darkness, Legacy of Rock, The Progressive Foundry)
    Fabfilter Pro bundle (on educational discount for 50% off :thumbsup:)
    TBProAudio CS5501 & DSEQ
    SIR Audio Tools StandardClip
    U-he Satin
    TDR (Tokyo Dawn Labs) bundle
    Klanghelm DC8C & MJUC
    Voxengo SPAN Plus
    Valhalla DSP VintageVerb
    Boz Digital Labs Transgressor 2

Those are the ones I can think of that I used for various amounts of time before I actually bought them. All of my other purchases was done after I trialed them or on intro sales etc.

Don't think I regret buying any of the ones listed here. Maybe Satin, because I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would, and it was quite expensive. It's still a excellent piece of software though.