Legit Ableton live 11 with both legit and cracked plugins. how to?

Discussion in 'Live' started by inscipio, Jul 25, 2021.

?

Are u using legit ableton live with both legit/uncracked plugins?

1. yes

80.0%
  2. no

20.0%
  1. inscipio

inscipio Newbie

So I'm about to buy ableton live 11 suite along with some other plugins, I will also use cracked plugins.

I'm just wondering how one goes about making it all work? I was planning to install my legit copies of both ableton/plugins first, then block internet access on ableton (don't know how to really) and then install the cracked plugins.

Anyone here that could help an anxious fella with a descriptive guide in what to block internet access on and in what way one should do it. Like is there just an exe i need to block internet access on or are there multiple ones I need to block?

Best regards // newb

EDIT: I use Windows 10

3. sidh_satheesh

sidh_satheesh Newbie

Hi there. How did it go? I'm also planning on buying licensed Ableton and use some of the third party plugins in the same way. How did it work out for you?

4. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

On Win 10. (Googled in 1 seconds. Will copy/paste/alter it for u)

1. On the client operating system, go to Start > Run and type firewall.cpl.
    2. Click on the “Advanced Settings” link on the left pane.
      Windows Firewall with Advanced security window opens up.
    3. Click on the “Outbound Rules” option.
    4. On the left pane, click on “New rule”.
    5. Under “Rule Type” select the option “Program” and click next.
    6. Select the option “This Program path”.
    7. Browse to ur Ableton Live 11 Suite.exe location.
    8. Select the option “Block the connection”.
    9. Click Next, do not change any option here and click Next again.
    10. Specify a name for this rule. (E.g. Ableton Live 11 Suite)
    11. Click Finish.

If u want to be on the safe site u can also make the same rule for "Inbound rules". but where is no outgouing data there will also no incoming data.

Aditional what I do is: Find the WebConnector folder in ur Ableton Live program folder.
      In my case D:\Program Files\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\Extensions and the abl.webconnector in the D:\Program Files\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\Python2 and rename them. (I renamed to webconnectorrrr)

And dont forget: In the preferences of Abletton Live under licenses and Maintanance is turn off auto updates and sending data bla bla.

Thats it. I never had any problems.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  5. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Well, this is a multifaceted thing, but the basics are:

1. You can have several Live installations by the side, both legit and non-legit.

2. Ableton doesn't care if a plugin is kosher or not.

3. By blocking legit Live you stop the updates, both software and library, I wouldn't recommend.

4. The plugins that phone home usually have instructions on how to block that, and it's mostly done via the hosts file.

So install your Live and your plugins that you want and go and make some noise!