Legato between different samples like Kontakt in Halion 6

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by SomebodyIsHere, Jul 19, 2020.

1. SomebodyIsHere

SomebodyIsHere Ultrasonic

It seems it is not possible to legato between different samples like Kontakt in Halion 6! I did put samples on mono, activated glide, even changed playback mode to Oneshot plus I did activate legato on the program.
    I did it all, searched google, and found a topic that even failed to find a solution.
    I guess that is not possible to do legato between samples in Halion just like Kontakt. It is a crucial feature for me since it sounds realistic in Kontakt and retriggering samples just like Halion sounds super-duper wack!
    It is possible to glide between the same sample stretched across the keyboard but not possible to glide between different samples.
    If you have any solutions, please let me know.

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Respectfully you might want to learn the true nature of Legato, it’s not glide.
    Also use a library that has legato in it rather than try to emulate it, because it’s not how it’s done.

4. SomebodyIsHere

Have you ever used Legato without third party samples? I activated glide because it was said so in the manual. Respectfully, you don't know what I am talking about.

5. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Like i said Legato isn't glide, or pormento.
    I was going to actually suggest a good Halion legato library that you may like but i see you have it all sorted via the manual. :facepalm:

6. SomebodyIsHere

I know legato is not glide. All I am asking is how the hell am I supposed to make Halion 6 do legato between different samples instead of retriggering them?! In manual it has been stated that it only does legato on the same zone(Same sample)

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Regardless of the differences between legato and portamento, @The-RoBoT is right in the sense that for sampled libraries legato must be sampled.
    That's how I understood it at least.

Perhaps what you're saying is that you can't do a kind of cross-fade (portamento/glide/etc... whatever) between two samples/notes?

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

As to my small experience legato samples are always listed as a (special) feature. So, as Xupito said, they're either there, or not.

9. SomebodyIsHere

Well of course I am talking about what you are referring to. I know it is a feature and I wanna do fake legato! But how am I supposed to do it in Halion 6?

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Not of course, it wasn't clear. I'm not into helping people with your attitude. There's people here who deserve it.

11. No Avenger

Legato in a synth means the envelope isn't triggered from the start but from the sustain phase. If you want to fake it you'll need to increase the amp or filter env attack time, so that the original attack phase isn't audible anymore.
    You can do this with one synth where the attack phase isn't audible even for the first note, or use two synths. One with attack sound for the first note, the other one for the fake legato sound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. SomebodyIsHere

Have you tried this in Halion 6? I did try and it didn't work.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. No Avenger

Nope, never, tbh. It's what I recall from working with synths means, this is a basic approach. If this doesn't work, phew, than it's gonna be difficult.

14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I can reply as much as I see fit like everyone. But thank for your kind words, I love you too :rofl: