Lead Effects

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by gompo, Jan 23, 2015.

1. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

just came though this sample, this sample contains dry(0-1 sec) as well as wet sound(2-4 sec).
    I don't know how the wet sound is produced, i tried using waves metaflanger but i reached around 40% of the sample sound.

need some help what to do, how to achieve this wet sound?

thanks *yes*
    sample

3. jaeol

jaeol Newbie

Sounds like a reverse effect, if you don't have any, a donationware for reaktor is availible here http://boscomac.free.fr/?p=the_reverser

4. relexted

relexted Producer

Sounds like a 100% wet room-revrb? :dunno: :sad:
    I think you could layer the wet version under the dry one. That would work.

Could be a phaser with reverb and sidechain.. but that's probably not it.

5. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

Sometimes, the coolest effects and sounds are obtained randomly by experimenting, so it's always really hard to predict the exact processing that came through the sample because a certain sound can be obtained in many ways...
    IMO, the wet part was made using a strong sidechain (probably with a really low threshold since the pumping resembles low threshold bias in a compressor) and a (probably) reversed sample with a room-ish (but it could be also a filtered spring/plate) reverb on it. It has, too, a vocoder-ish effect on it, which could be also a phaser/flanger. In the end, I'd suggest to experiment with your plugins to see what you come up with, and remember that inspiration is good, copying is bad (I'm sure you'll come up with something different that resembles the sample and that you'll like even more)! Sound design is all about knowing your tools, what they can do and how to use them, a skill that takes many years to master! :wink:

6. LunaX

LunaX Member

i think its a sample reversed, with compression coming in from another track..plus some effect..definitely some flanger..unless the original samples had it with them :grooves:

7. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Definitely some sidechain compression and flanger/phaser going on. There is also some sort of reverse reverb effect happening but the notes are in the same order though, so that's definitely a more out of the ordinary effect. I know guitar rig has some cool reverse reverb effects (there is one factory preset called reverse something), might wanna look there.

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Reverb, filtersweep and SC compression. In that order.

9. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

thanks foe your advice, I've a big idea to work on with that thing.
    P.S. no copying :mates: