launchpad pro vs Push

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by rudym13, Jul 27, 2015.

1. rudym13

rudym13 Kapellmeister

Hey audio lovers, I'm looking for a velocity sensitive pad instrument. Currently im using the og launchpad with the launchpad95 script that allows for the scale binding features implemented on the Push. Only problem is the pads are not velocity sensitive. I've read that the new launchpad pro pad sensitivity is not on par with those on the push, does anyone have experience with this instrument? Is it as expressive as you hoped? Im considering buying the Push but the only problem is Im not sure if a cracked version of Live will support the Instrument. Anyone have problems using the push w/ cracked Live? Also, Where is the best place to buy Push without any bundled version of Live?

3. OhmStudyo

OhmStudyo Noisemaker

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Running Push with cracked Live here. Works fine. The pads work and feel great. They kind of... bounce instead of the mushy crap I got on my Novation Launchkey. It takes some getting used to having to actually put an effort into playing a high velocity note but once you get the hang of it, it's worlds beyond what I've experienced with Novation pads. Plus it has aftertouch.

Not to mention... I don't know what you know about Push, but it's much much more than a grid of pads. I initially bought the Push because I can't play the keyboard for shit but I play guitar, and the Push's pads are laid out a lot like guitar frets. Especially in chromatic mode. When not in chromatic mode, playing a progression of triad chords is as simple as making a triangle shape with your fingers and transposing up and down wherever you want.

However

When I started looking into Push I found out that it can do soooo much more. It can control most things in Live without ever having to touch the mouse. Which obviously kicks ass. If you buy Push I suggest watching Groove3 - Push Explained.

If you play your cards right, you can get a used Push on Reverb.com for like $425-$475. I got mine for $425 and it's like new.

5. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i'll answer your last question. the best place to buy the ableton push right now is musicians friend.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/midi-controller-packages/ableton-push-controller-with-free-software

you can choose a free software instrument from a list of 11 choices and you get $100 certificate that you can use for a future purchase. the price of the push itself is pretty much the same evrywhere: $599.00

i've bought lots of gear from musicians friend in the past. they're as good as any online music equipment merchant