[laugh post] Well, here's my solution.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DivinEvil, Nov 15, 2011.

1. DivinEvil

DivinEvil Newbie

http://thereconcilecenter.proboards.com/index.cgi

There, help me get this up and running.

Even if you don't believe it's about to happen, I do and anyone who knows whats going on in congress does too...

I think it's messed up, but I guess we did it to ourselves in the end.

3. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

The hell are you talking about?

4. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Seriously, you just post a link to some thing that requires you to sign up before you can even know what it is? And you don't give any other information about it, except some vague paranoiac reference to "it" being about to happen? Bro, do you ever post anything that makes even a little bit of sense? I think if you want to get any respect around here, you should probably start proofreading your posts like 20 times and ask yourself "would this make any sense to a person who DOESN'T live inside of my head?" For me, the answer to that question on your last two posts would be no, not even a little.

5. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

lampwiikk, I couldn't say it better.

6. mikepick

mikepick Newbie

Ditto...cute raccoon in the avatar though!

7. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

I remember vaguely something similar back in 2000 and as we all know no industry people got behind it, also just to test your memory remember Dave Powell and his merry men fighting for Steinberg, SonicFoundry etc etc? (can't remember them all to long ago) well i guess i will put this one in the same basket as the Y2K bug :bleh:

8. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

it’s like that sometimes, man ridiculous

9. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

I am already fully covered should such an eventuality come to pass................

"SAINT MADE ME DO IT!!" :wink:

10. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

The ReConcile Center - For Recovering Warez Musicians WTF???? Get a life dude

11. testkid008

testkid008 Member

:rofl:

Exactly what I thought ...

12. txabidrkss

txabidrkss Newbie

Well he talks in confusion
    and he faults your point of view
    You talk about his apparition
    and he talks
    hear him laughing at you
    Contamination and radiation
    Let it crawl while the city sleeps
    Your turn to lay for bait for a while
    Now you're melting through your burning fields
    and all my people say oh
    Stop!

When he talks
    connected scars reopen
    A thousand fingers
    reach out for you
    We don't feel no contamination
    Oh keep talking
    You're a hunter I'm a wolf
    Yeah keep talking
    I'm the preacher you're a fool
    Contamination and radiation
    Let it crawl while the city sleeps
    Your turn to lay for bait for a while
    Now you're melting through your burning fields
    That's when my people say oh
    Radiation, contamination
    Radiation, contamination
    Radiation, contamination
    Radiation

("Preacher Man" by The Fields Of The Nephilim)

13. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I'm about to start liking this phenomenal spam informational thread nobody asked for :rofl:

14. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

The fact that certain people use warez just goes to show that A.) it's just a hobby and therefore do not plan on making any real money or B.) Are really interested in a certain piece of software but do not have the funds to go out and buy apps based on reviews only to find out it's sucks and they can't return it. Case in point:Sonar X1. Had I gone down to my local music store and bought it I would have been out $399 and since the box was opened I would not have been able to return it. That is just one example of why try before you buy works. Still don't believe me just take a look at Reaper. I used it for a year then bought it.NOW!!!The real crime is that hotdogs come in packets of 8 but hotdog buns come in packets of 6 WTF is that all about?? :dunno:

Well, here's my solution

I encourage everybody to sign up on DivinEviL site under a fake name and e-mail and start spamming the shit out of it like he does here.If we all pull together he'll be too busy deleting posts to bother us again. :bleh:

15. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

No disrespect, but why do you post this here -- this board already has clearly established rules regarding piracy and warez (not allowed here)
    Is this not enough ? Additionally, you make this 'blind assumption', targeting all rule abiding readers here as audio software pirates -- offensive
    Regardless our independent (and private) moral status, as members of this board -- we have all agreed to 'keep it clean here' -- your post was vague,
    and many followed your link to this 'insinuation of guilt' --- Good luck with that --- I'll be over here, keeping it clean and pleading the 5th

16. BlasterM

BlasterM Newbie

Solution for what? And what was the solution? :dunno:

17. manducator

manducator Member

I guess the solution is the fact that there's no problem. or sumting

18. DivinEvil

DivinEvil Newbie

OK, you guys don't get the point. I was never trying to spam anybody, as for you having to sign in before you saw anything in the beginning that was an accident, I forgot to check a box, my apologies.

The whole point is if you want to just use freeware you feel uncomfortable at places that are straight legit, and if you come to places like this, you may feel comfortable but the resources just aren't there. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I just want to gather some like minded people to share support and resources. It's sorta like rehab, it's hard to quit this shit, you need a helping hand, that's all we're trying to put together.

Some of you may still be comfortable trying before you buy, but some of us are a little frightened by whats going on in legislation and would rather switch to freeware, this doesn't mean we look down on you, and we were hoping it meant you wouldn't look down on us.

Come to the ReConcile Center or don't it doesn't matter to me, I'm just extending a hand to show you're welcomed.

19. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Ever here the term "it's not what you say but how you say it"?? if you had actually stated what it was for and what your intentions were , you may have gotten a more positive response. but instead you posted a link to some obscure site and the only info you gave was some political mumbo jumbo.Hate to tell you this but no one likes a pretentious prick and that is exactly how you came across.

20. DivinEvil

DivinEvil Newbie

Yes, I've heard that statement ALOT and it's something I work on quite a bit. The whole point can be broken down like this. I've had time to 'take a walk' and blow off some feelings and prioritize my agenda. It's now more of a Freeware source and secondary is the place for a musician like myself who wants to make the switch.

If you want to make music and can't afford 'cha-ching ware' it's amazingly difficult to find an alternative. I have found several pieces based on a few links here and there, but the GOOOD stuff is burried. Like mda I originally found that through a NoGrp release and couldn't find it anywhere else, until I scoured sourceforge for something I didn't grab when I first saw it but I'm sure it's been bought by another dev or taken down by now cause it would have been pretty cool to use.

Also, the other boards that cater to legit users and the dev's are kind of hostile to even someone looking to get out of using warez for whatever reason. They are also kind of dickish to those of us who can't really afford to buy their products and that in my opinion will only serve to justify someones journey into warez.

Whether anyone admits it or not, warez is like pure china white, addictive, and if they pass these laws, it's gonna kill us. If you live in America I suggest you look into SOPA and what that all means. Once you do, I don't sound so freaking crazy. Which I know I do...I might as well be debunking the moon landing on this but still.

I'm still trying to put this together. If you want to help by all means drop by and help, if not its cool. This isn't the war on terrorism over there even if you aren't with me you don't have to be against me.

21. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

I follow EFF and Privacy/Piracy issues closely. SOPA is not a given -- and scores of people / groups are against the bill -- read here: news.cnet.com

----

Regardless -- my point was that this forum (AudioSex) has already established, and adheres to a "No Warez Policy" -- I am sure there are others here who would have gladly participated in a "ProAudio Freeware" conversation here (had you presented it that way) -- Instead, you directed members to your site under the assumption (or insinuating) that all of us here are thieving heathens in need of repentance -- Despite the fact that some of us may indeed be 'crooks' -- the assumption / insinuation leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the common folk -- I can appreciate your views, and commend you on your personal resolution, but feel your approach was misleading and inappropriate

- 2¢