Latest Plugin Alliance Complete?

Discussion in 'PC' started by webshark, Jan 17, 2014.

1. webshark

webshark Member

Hey guys,

The last install for the plugin alliance stuff i did was compete V2013 R3 Update 3. I have been on vacation and now i see V2013 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/4.4 fixed.

How should these be installed? over previous ? Or as new? Anyone done it? Thanks guys!

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

They update over your existing installation. :wink:

I usually proceed in order one to the next in the series. Not sure if there are specifics to this install that are different though because I just got a new computer and haven't had time to try it out.

4. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

The r3 stuff was a (patched) installer, which needed the previous versions there.
    The r4 stuff (from r2r at least) are a bunch of loose folders / files you need to put in the right place yourself, so no installer.
    This means that if you miss an update it's no big deal cause you can still overwrite the VST dlls and stuff from the newer updates, but it does require you to get the '4.0' pack first for the base files (and a little bit of copying around to do yourself).

For Mac, I have no idea, never payed attention to it.

edit:
    Maybe to clarify a bit more: It means that in the updates, they only put the files / plugins that are actually changed.
    So if update2 contains only updates for the Mac plugins, I (as Windows user) don't care and can safely skip it.
    If update3 contains _only_ an update to bx_rockrack, but you don't care about the ampsim you can skip the update and leave your bx_rockrack unupdated.
    Previously this would not work because the update4 installer would moan because of an missing update3. Now you can try it yourself. Read the changelogs / NFO's to know what you can skip if downloading all is a problem for you.

5. evolasme

evolasme Producer

Annoyingly the last updates have not been "complete" The last few updates have been just one plug in at a time.

6. webshark

webshark Member

Thanks guys! So jut to be clear, I can update 4.0 over the R3 stuff and carry on? Thanks again guys!