Latest Kontakt for PowerMac G5

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by jackass5, May 19, 2014.

1. jackass5

jackass5 Newbie

Hi,
    I'm new in this forum, this is great!! forum by the way. I have a PowerMac G5 with Tiger OSX and Leopard OSX. In the past the computer was used in a professional Studio with a lot of Expansions and plugins for Pro Tools and a lot of music software. But today the computer is still working great, but you know, all is changed in the Apple side, they change to Intel and other hardwares, so the PowerMac G5 is like ("You need to Upgrade").

I think that the computer still can get much more benefit than simply thinking it is old.

Anyway, I need your help. Can anyone tell me what is the latest Kontakt that work with this G5? I need to run some Mr. Sax and Mr. Trompet samplers but the Kontakt installed on the machine request key for them. I want the latest Kontakt Unlocked possible for this G5.

Thanks!!

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

the last Stable version for PPC was Kontakt 3.5...by dynamics

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

By the way, most Kontakt libraries below Kontakt 4.2.0 can be read by 3rd party conversion programs like CDXtract or Awave, and be resaved to an older Kontakt format (or even EXS24 if you don't need Fx or scripting) wihch can be read by your Kontakt 3.5 PPC.
    You might lose some scripting features however, so be sure to double-check the result.

5. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

the mac mini i7 quad is about four times faster than the quad g5, insane isnt it? the energy it saves you compared to the g5 should compenstate its cost pretty fast. wont say the g5 is useless but def not suitable for the state of the art plugs n stuff. good to run a sequncer with buildin synths and effects but theres not that much left build for ppc and situation wont get better in the future.

6. jackass5

jackass5 Newbie

Do you know what is the latest WAVES Bundle for this PowerPC 10.5.8?

7. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

I could be wrong but:
    Waves Complete v7r16 by team air

the best stable version that was used was 5 same by team air at one point & time