Latest Big Technology Monopoly News

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Happiness, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Happiness

Happiness Ultrasonic

Money money money the world of big tech is taking over the entire world for everyone to suffer. I just read today that Microsoft has just bought in cash the largest takeover deal in history of the technology and gaming sector ever of publisher Activision Blizzard for £50.6bn. The publisher mega franchise hits included Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Candy Crush.

Last week Take Two Interactive, the maker of hit video games Grand Theft Auto franchise acquired the company Zynga known for FarmVille and Harry Potter titles, in a £9.35bn deal creating a global console and mobile gaming giant.

Meanwhile in other technology news Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) posted a record December 2021 revenue growth of $155bn. This made December TSMC's strongest month last year in terms of net sales, as the amount surpassed the previous high of $153 million that it had raked in at the end of the year's third quarter in September.

TSMC's yearly figures showed that by the end of the year 2021 the company had brought in $1.59 trillion in net sales. This enabled the chipmaker to exit last year by growing its revenue by 19%, for a growth slowdown when compared to 2020's growth of 25%. The ongoing pandemic has seen technology and other firms flock to TSMC and increase their orders as the demand for consumer electronics rose and automotive manufacturers rushed to book chip manufacturing capacity to accommodate earlier order cutbacks that were based on incorrect assumptions about the global economic recovery.

High-Performance CPUs & GPUs From Intel, AMD and NVIDIA To See Up To 20% Price Hike In 2022.

The report states that TSMC has already increased the quotations for its existing 7nm and 5nm process technologies which will go on to power several next-gen GPUs and CPUs such as AMD Ryzen 7000, AMD Ryzen 6000H/U, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 & Intel's ARC Alchemist GPUs. While Intel will be relying on TSMC's 6nm process which is an extension of the N7 process node, the price hike will be similar.

NVIDIA will be spending several Billions of dollars to acquire TSMC's 5nm wafer supply but that also means that consumers will have to pay more to get hands-on these state-of-the-art chips that utilize their technology. AMD already raised the prices of their Zen 3 products based on TSMC's 7nm node and their Ryzen 7000 based on TSMC's 5nm node may end up being even more costly.

Intel's ARC GPUs and AMD's RDNA 2 refreshed GPUs are the only consumer products that we know of making use of TSMC's 6nm process node so they might have better supply but prices are a big question. Based on the retailer-specific prices for the Radeon RX 6500 XT graphics card, it looks like 6nm is pretty much affected too by all of these chip supply issues despite AMD promising a better supply and pricing for the upcoming card.

I just cannot believe the money deals which are happening in the world these days. This isn't a political thread it's latest tech news though personally I believe the future for all of us buying future tech isn't looking good at all with everything being inflated to never seen before pricing levels. Which sadly includes future hardware music tech and every electronics device we technology music geeks need and love.

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yep, mergers and monopoly are ruining capitalism [and the consumer, especially lower income ones] which should be all about competition. If there's no competition, what is it then? Mergers and monopolies shouldn't be allowed, and who pays the price for these? Us consumers. Imagine one corporation controlling all the food supplies in the world... nice, eh?/s TSMC is absolutely [ab]using their unique position to make huge amounts of more bucks. Kinda like if Intel was the only CPU manufacturer, which at one point almost happened. Luckily AMD pulled it off and even surpassed everyone's expectations. Intel CPU prices lowered as the consequence. That's how it should be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

So we better hope that Intel keeps improving their "primary source" for chips that are those baffles. But I'm not so confident, because it's a fact that Intel also wants to reserve TSMC supplies. [Edited: oh, already mentioned by the OP]

I don't entirely agree though with TSMC being a bad guy. They can't help to have the best product. Intel messed up once again and again, South-Korean Samsung who is the other giant with their 8nm can't keep up (see nVidia plans).
    Now TSMC is the queen of the dance and everybody wants to dance with her. More demand, fewer supply due to cobitch.

They sure aren't saints, but I don't see more than that. I mean, compared to nVidia, AMD, Intel, MSoft, Google, Apple, Facebook they are fucking close to saints :rofl:

5. Happiness

Happiness Ultrasonic

Yip guys and girls I agree it's the big tech monopolies ruining the lives of all who aren't rich. The world we now live in is a very unstable delicate place with everyone's lives at great danger to the eighth deadly sin greed. We all need to appreciate what we have and quickly enjoy our lives to show love and compassion towards others. Life soon will be a great struggle, allow the tiniest of things which give us great pleasure because money don't bring love and kindness. Only good old fashioned values and morals which all lovely people have will overcome these times. Even if we can't always get what we want.
    :cheers:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  6. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

i just noticed sine.. lol @where the sun doesn't shine. had to login for that