Latest Asus AMD Motherboard (BIOS)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Zenarcist, May 14, 2023.

1. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Has anybody had any problems with an overheating CPU or general system malfunction?

3. Gcher

Gcher Newbie

It's a known problem in some new motherboard,
    here an overview on the situation:

:)

4. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

This was one of my reference sources :wink: I was just wondering if anybody on here has had any issues.

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  5. dondada

dondada Rock Star

it wasnt a widespread isue but a mostly bad power implementation by asus
    they went out of spec! which is quite unusual for asus

6. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Jay got pissed too, seems like they are on decline

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  7. dondada

dondada Rock Star

Jay is and idiot i wouldn´t belive a word out of his mouth.
    one bios on one line of MB´s isnt a decline but if they fuck up? their done for!
    because this is a different market since the 2k´s

on the other hand im not hitching my decisions on brand loyalty, maybe rme:yes::no:

8. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

idk if i'd say its unusual, theres also the power reporting deviation issue (HWInfo's website talks more about it), they were often underreporting the amount of power going to the cpu which makes the chip think it has more headroom than it actually does, this goes back a couple years now and ASUS was guilty of it back then. I admit im a bit biased towards them tho, I know most people have had good experiences with ASUS but i have literally never owned a product of theirs that didn't give me some kind of massive hardware-centric headache.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

C'mon, guy probably built more systems than all of us together, knows very well what he's talking about, if anyone worked with Asus, he did, even he got frustrated dealing with Asus and he's no average Joe to them.

He was talking about drastic decline in quality since covid in some other videos, not just from Asus, again, he's the guy that actually do this for a living, probably have more to lose calling everyone out on it, than you calling him idiot for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

You nailed it, plus the fact that if you've watched Jay for a long time you know that he's always been the biggest supporter of their motherboards, almost fanboyishly so. If he's got a problem with them, you know it's bad.

11. stopped

stopped Producer

I agree that being asked to run optimized defaults on a high tier board is disappointing, but I'd damn well be running optimized defaults for the weeks it takes this to be resolved so my shit doesn't blow up. It feels like they don't understand how impossibly long seemingly simple things can take in large companies

12. dondada

dondada Rock Star

i´ve seen him step into shit to many times to take him seriously
    He was talking about drastic decline in quality since covid in some other videos, not just from Asus, again, he's the guy that actually do this for a living, probably have more to lose calling everyone out on it, than you calling him idiot for it.
    what he does and what he says are 2 different things, and coincidently this is exactly what i mean
    its a bullshit that comes out of his mouth every so often.

J says this in a time, where every little thing gets exposed so fast, and even extra
    rare bios fails get videos made about.
    i find it a bit......... over the top.

our favourite tech Jesus stepped into some shit too but has no problem admitting it!
    and more importantly he learned from + the team @GN got better and more scientific.

what i mean is. there are way better people than j and his stupid opinions to consider
    none of them are perfect but def less idiotic than j
    this is of course just my 2 cents:shalom:

13. dondada

dondada Rock Star

i get what you saying thats why i keep it to a minimum what kind of brands i trust
    for mothetboards i just look for specs i dont look for brands per se
    i would avoid mainland chinese brands:dunno: but most of them i´ll check the
    reviews and the usual suspects:thumbsup: