Latency on Kick Drum in Live 9

Discussion in 'Live' started by Dumb, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Dumb

Dumb Noisemaker

What up everybody!
    I'm having some latency problems in Live 9 when playing a kick drum in solo..Or even when playing just the kick channel and no solo...the weird thing is that when playing the drum comes out with latency but as soon as i play some other instruments together with the drum..the latency disappears and the kick drum starts playing well..i really don't understand what the f...k is wrong with it.. :dunno:
    Any solution like always will be much appreciated..and if u want to suggest me to control the fades of my sample..don't worry about it cos' i've already done it :wink:
    Let me know..

3. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

What do you mean by latency?
    Latency is usually a track bein out of sync with others, so , having such with it solo'd doesn't make sense...

4. Dumb

Dumb Noisemaker

For Latency i mean that i can't get the attack of the sound correct...the sound attacks a bit late so i miss part of it..

5. olson

olson Member

can you record your screen ? just to fully understand AND believe that :D

maybe you set a TRACK delay time in session view?

[​IMG]

and never used but could cause some probs:

[​IMG]

6. Dumb

Dumb Noisemaker

Thank's man!Think i don't need to post a screenshot..i've checked what u suggested and anything's fine just like in your picture..
    By the way i realized that it's happening only when playing drums from Ableton Sampler but i record those drums from sampler into a different audio channel and clip..that sample will play correctly..so i don't know what the f..k is wrong with sampler... :dunno:

7. olson

olson Member

would you mind upload the project file?

8. Dumb

Dumb Noisemaker

I prefer not to..

Ok..i have some good news..i finally know what is going wrong..is my DAC..after switching the audio output from my DAC to the native output of my MAC the latency disappeared..so now i know that the problem comes from my DAC..which is also my headphones amplifier a Fiio Olympus E10.
    So if somebody out there knows how to solve this stupid issue i will be glad :wink:
    Hit me back if u know how..